IVA view does not follow rotation

marce

Just got Breaking Ground and started to play around with the robotics parts.
Put a lander can on pistons, hinges and a servo. Up/down & left/right works fine, but when rotating the IVA view does not follow the rotation.

But:

• Navball does move
  • After a timewarp the camera snaps to the correct position

Tried to make a quick video (sorry for the poor quality but it should still show the issue)

11 hours ago, nestor said:

Hey, thanks for the report. 

We can't reproduce this bug. 

Could you try without mods and see if the issue is still happening? 

Of course. Just tried without all mods (no change) and then after verifying local files (2 files were re-downloaded) and without mods => still the same issue.

I haven't used KSP in quite a while so I'm a little out of touch: is there some debug log/mode I can activate and send you?

4 hours ago, Boyster said:

Is this the stock lander can?Sry i am tired and my eyes are blurry :D .

Yes, all stock except for a custom flag (but that shouldn't be an issue I guess).
Actually, I think it's not your eyes but YT hating my video and restricting it to 480p :wink:

I was able to reproduce this in 1 minute. Happens if the pod is not on the root side of the craft. Tested with the following craft. Pod closest to the camera is the root.

N0VzygH.pngg

Also observe that when the pod on the root side does rotate, the IVA of the second pod rotates around that axis. That's how I was able to get this out-of-body shot of an IVA view seeing both command pods.

qHHbR6G.pngg

4 hours ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

I was able to reproduce this in 1 minute. Happens if the pod is not on the root side of the craft. Tested with the following craft. Pod closest to the camera is the root.

N0VzygH.pngg

Also observe that when the pod on the root side does rotate, the IVA of the second pod rotates around that axis. That's how I was able to get this out-of-body shot of an IVA view seeing both command pods.

qHHbR6G.pngg

Question: Are you running any mods?
And can you possibly attach a craft file for this, or pm one to me, please?

Thank you

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Question: Are you running any mods?
And can you possibly attach a craft file for this, or pm one to me, please?

Thank you

Yes, Infernal Robotics (being a dev for that mod), but will test without it tonight after work and send the craft I have if it still occurs. Interestingly I did the same test with IR rotational parts and there was no problem (other than autostruts from the landing legs to the pods screwing things up).

Maybe @marce can send you his craft in the mean-time?

18 minutes ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Yes, Infernal Robotics (being a dev for that mod), but will test without it tonight after work and send the craft I have if it still occurs. Interestingly I did the same test with IR rotational parts and there was no problem (other than autostruts from the landing legs to the pods screwing things up).

Maybe @marce can send you his craft in the mean-time?

@Just Jim pm'd you a simple craft which shows the issue on my machine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.