Is KSP compatible with MacOS Mojave?

I'm wondering if there is a way to make KSP run properly using Apple's Metal graphics library, as if this compatibility is present, we'll actually be able to play KSP in Mojave, a big step forward for everyone interested in using Mojave with KSP.

dear starboost88,

Yes it is possible to play in Mojave, however there are a couple work arounds you have use for direct download or just play on steam.

How to play on Mojave,

The Quick easy fix is to:

step 1

Install KSP with the zip, by dragging the game folder in applications

step 2

Hold down command and drag the KSP application to your desktop, then command drag it back (must be command dragged as you need to move it not make an alias)

Step 3

Open game and play normally

However there are some issues still, as you can't update the game and a full reinstall is required. 

Overall, I just recommend playing w/ steam, It's totally worth it if you already own direct download, can you buy the expansions bundled w/ the game.

Edited by Thelizard
misspelled something

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Moved to Tech Support

Thanks.

On 5/31/2019 at 7:23 AM, Thelizard said:

dear starboost88,

Yes it is possible to play in Mojave, however there are a couple work arounds you have use for direct download or just play on steam.

How to play on Mojave,

The Quick easy fix is to:

step 1

Install KSP with the zip, by dragging the game folder in applications 

step 2

Hold down command and drag the KSP application to your desktop, then command drag it back (must be command dragged as you need to move it not make an alias) 

Step 3

Open game and play normally

However there are some issues still, as you can't update the game and a full reinstall is required. 

Overall, I just recommend playing w/ steam, It's totally worth it if you already own direct download, can you buy the expansions bundled w/ the game.

Thanks. I have steam btw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.