Ryan.Bayguzin

Why does Jeb always smile?

Recommended Posts

Welcome to the forum @Ryan.Bayguzin.

I think it's because he laughs in the face of danger. Also I have moved your post to KSP discussions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Because Jeb is badS

I thimk

 

Edit:

I want just add that when I am flying even Jeb is scared.

Edited by Tapeta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some kerbals have a hidden third character attribute, which is called badS, like Tapeta mentioned. They just donˋt lose their nerves and recover faster from dangerous situations. It becomes pretty handy, when you play on higher difficulties, where kerbals can actually pass out during flight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Frank_G said:

Some kerbals have a hidden third character attribute, which is called badS, like Tapeta mentioned. They just donˋt lose their nerves and recover faster from dangerous situations. It becomes pretty handy, when you play on higher difficulties, where kerbals can actually pass out during flight.

What! I never knew about having different difficulties!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When in game, hit esc and click on difficulty on top of the window. You can even turn on comm blackouts from plasma effects during re-entry... Quite challenging, when you suddenly lose control on a badly constructed vehicle... you can also set the g-force at which a kerbal passes out, have atmospheric and underwater pressure crush parts when exceeding pressure limits and such things. It really challenges your building and planing capabilities. ;)

Edited by Frank_G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Frank_G said:

When in game, hit esc and click on difficulty on top of the window. You can even turn on comm blackouts from plasma effects during re-entry... Quite challenging, when you suddenly lose control on a badly constructed vehicle... you can also set the g-force at which a kerbal passes out, have atmospheric and underwater pressure crush parts when exceeding pressure limits and such things. It really challenges your building and planing capabilities. ;)

Okay.

17 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Okay.

Nope. I don't have it. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Okay.

Nope. I don't have it. :(

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, Frank_G said:

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Why does Jeb always smile?

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

I want to contest that, sir.

Jebediah Kerman is the most courageous, intrepid, daring and phelgmatic pilot on KSC. There's no craft on air, earth, water or space that this Kerbal wouldn't fly with a glaring satisfaction on his eyes and an amused smile on his face. 

Hummmmm....

Yeah. Stupid. :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
Rephrase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Lisias said:

I want to contest that, sir.

Jebediah Kerman is the most courageous, intrepid, daring and phelgmatic pilot on KSC. There's no craft on air, earth, water or space that this Kerbal wouldn't fly with a glaring satisfaction on his eyes and an amused smile on his face. 

Hummmmm....

Yeah. Stupid. :sticktongue:

Interesting...

On 6/1/2019 at 2:15 AM, Tapeta said:

Because Jeb is badS

I thimk

 

Edit:

I want just add that when I am flying even Jeb is scared.

When I fly, he allways smiles even after a scary flight!

On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, Frank_G said:

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

Ill check it just now! Im wating for it to load...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He`s just a borderline guy on the edge of madness.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

When I fly, he allways smiles even after a scary flight!

Jeb is allways happy, until you crash or until something on your ship explode. At that point he become worried for a moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mikki said:

He`s just a borderline guy on the edge of madness.:)

Howling Mad Murdock, so this is where you are hiding all the time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, Lisias said:

Howling Mad Murdock, so this is where you are hiding all the time? 

After googling "Howling Mad Murdock" ... might be one his soulmates.
Some tend to enbrace their trauma.  Jebediah > :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Why does Jeb always smile?

Probably for the same reason I do. :)

(At least, I've noticed that Jeb and I seem to grin in the same situations...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're strapped to the top of something made of tinfoil and plastic straws, bolted to the top of something that has the energy of a low yield nuclear weapon, and the cup holder is broken. Everything was made and assembled by the lowest bidder. Going somewhere that is by definition and practice hostile to life. And in theory probably coming back, assuming nothing goes wrong. What's to not love, enjoy, and look forward to on the trip?

That, and Jeb's a complete and utter nutter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2019 at 8:16 AM, steuben said:

You're strapped to the top of something made of tinfoil and plastic straws, bolted to the top of something that has the energy of a low yield nuclear weapon, and the cup holder is broken. Everything was made and assembled by the lowest bidder. Going somewhere that is by definition and practice hostile to life. And in theory probably coming back, assuming nothing goes wrong. What's to not love, enjoy, and look forward to on the trip?

That, and Jeb's a complete and utter nutter.

 

I seriosly don't know.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Tapeta said:

Jeb is allways happy, until you crash or until something on your ship explode. At that point he become worried for a moment.

NO! Definetly not for me! :mad:

On 6/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

I agree to your explanations!     :cool:

On 6/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, Snark said:

Probably for the same reason I do. :)

(At least, I've noticed that Jeb and I seem to grin in the same situations...)

Ok. :D

On 6/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, Mikki said:

After googling "Howling Mad Murdock" ... might be one his soulmates.
Some tend to enbrace their trauma.  Jebediah > :cool:

That isnt Jeb! You just used the command( : cool : ). You are a definite cheater!

On 6/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Tapeta said:

Jeb is allways happy, until you crash or until something on your ship explode. At that point he become worried for a moment.

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, Frank_G said:

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

I had friends at our house. He was a total nub. I changed some settings so on his first flight, nothing worked. Even his kerbals allways died.    ;.;

I'm sometimes not near my comp so I won't allways reply.:funds::rep::science:+:prograde::retrograde::antinormal::normal::antiradial::radial::targetpro::targetretro::maneuver:=:confused: Jeb.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

UUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

 

...ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeb is clinically insane adrenaline addict. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 10:01 PM, Lisias said:

I want to contest that, sir.

Jebediah Kerman is the most courageous, intrepid, daring and phelgmatic pilot on KSC. There's no craft on air, earth, water or space that this Kerbal wouldn't fly with a glaring satisfaction on his eyes and an amused smile on his face. 

Hummmmm....

Yeah. Stupid. :sticktongue:

Long, long ago I visited Patuxent Naval Air Station (a place where the US Navy tests aircraft, vaguely near Washington DC and Wallops Island) and was told that one of the ways pilots could wash out of the test program was "no apparent fear of death".  I suspect these pilots have the badS flag set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 9:03 PM, Holyvision said:

Is he smiling...

...or does he just have gas?

 

:o

Theres no such thing as a "Hype Train"

                                                       :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.