Why does Jeb always smile?

Ryan.Bayguzin

Some kerbals have a hidden third character attribute, which is called badS, like Tapeta mentioned. They just donˋt lose their nerves and recover faster from dangerous situations. It becomes pretty handy, when you play on higher difficulties, where kerbals can actually pass out during flight.

17 hours ago, Frank_G said:

Some kerbals have a hidden third character attribute, which is called badS, like Tapeta mentioned. They just donˋt lose their nerves and recover faster from dangerous situations. It becomes pretty handy, when you play on higher difficulties, where kerbals can actually pass out during flight.

What! I never knew about having different difficulties!

When in game, hit esc and click on difficulty on top of the window. You can even turn on comm blackouts from plasma effects during re-entry... Quite challenging, when you suddenly lose control on a badly constructed vehicle... you can also set the g-force at which a kerbal passes out, have atmospheric and underwater pressure crush parts when exceeding pressure limits and such things. It really challenges your building and planing capabilities. ;)

Edited by Frank_G

17 hours ago, Frank_G said:

When in game, hit esc and click on difficulty on top of the window. You can even turn on comm blackouts from plasma effects during re-entry... Quite challenging, when you suddenly lose control on a badly constructed vehicle... you can also set the g-force at which a kerbal passes out, have atmospheric and underwater pressure crush parts when exceeding pressure limits and such things. It really challenges your building and planing capabilities. ;)

Okay.

17 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Okay.

Nope. I don't have it. :(

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

I want to contest that, sir.

Jebediah Kerman is the most courageous, intrepid, daring and phelgmatic pilot on KSC. There's no craft on air, earth, water or space that this Kerbal wouldn't fly with a glaring satisfaction on his eyes and an amused smile on his face. 

Hummmmm....

Yeah. Stupid. :sticktongue:

Edited by Lisias
Rephrase

20 hours ago, Lisias said:

Jebediah Kerman is the most courageous, intrepid, daring and phelgmatic pilot on KSC. There's no craft on air, earth, water or space that this Kerbal wouldn't fly with a glaring satisfaction on his eyes and an amused smile on his face. 

Hummmmm....

Interesting...

On 6/1/2019 at 2:15 AM, Tapeta said:

Because Jeb is badS

I thimk

Edit:

I want just add that when I am flying even Jeb is scared.

When I fly, he allways smiles even after a scary flight!

On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, Frank_G said:

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

Ill check it just now! Im wating for it to load...

6 hours ago, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

When I fly, he allways smiles even after a scary flight!

Jeb is allways happy, until you crash or until something on your ship explode. At that point he become worried for a moment.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, Lisias said:

Howling Mad Murdock, so this is where you are hiding all the time? 

After googling "Howling Mad Murdock" ... might be one his soulmates.
Some tend to enbrace their trauma.  Jebediah > :cool:

On 6/1/2019 at 2:07 AM, Ryan.Bayguzin said:

Why does Jeb always smile?

Probably for the same reason I do. :)

(At least, I've noticed that Jeb and I seem to grin in the same situations...)

You're strapped to the top of something made of tinfoil and plastic straws, bolted to the top of something that has the energy of a low yield nuclear weapon, and the cup holder is broken. Everything was made and assembled by the lowest bidder. Going somewhere that is by definition and practice hostile to life. And in theory probably coming back, assuming nothing goes wrong. What's to not love, enjoy, and look forward to on the trip?

That, and Jeb's a complete and utter nutter.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:16 AM, steuben said:

You're strapped to the top of something made of tinfoil and plastic straws, bolted to the top of something that has the energy of a low yield nuclear weapon, and the cup holder is broken. Everything was made and assembled by the lowest bidder. Going somewhere that is by definition and practice hostile to life. And in theory probably coming back, assuming nothing goes wrong. What's to not love, enjoy, and look forward to on the trip?

That, and Jeb's a complete and utter nutter.

I seriosly don't know.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Tapeta said:

Jeb is allways happy, until you crash or until something on your ship explode. At that point he become worried for a moment.

NO! Definetly not for me! :mad:

On 6/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, Geschosskopf said:

Because any Kerbal who's not at least a little bit scared is too stupid to understand the situation :D

I agree to your explanations!     :cool:

On 6/4/2019 at 7:27 AM, Snark said:

Probably for the same reason I do. :)

(At least, I've noticed that Jeb and I seem to grin in the same situations...)

Ok. :D

On 6/3/2019 at 9:40 AM, Mikki said:

After googling "Howling Mad Murdock" ... might be one his soulmates.
Some tend to enbrace their trauma.  Jebediah > :cool:

That isnt Jeb! You just used the command( : cool : ). You are a definite cheater!

On 6/2/2019 at 4:41 AM, Tapeta said:

Nope.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:07 AM, Frank_G said:

Yes you have, my fault... esc -> settings -> difficulty options:

OtDuneF.png

Si27hL2.png

ZCG2Qxf.png

I had friends at our house. He was a total nub. I changed some settings so on his first flight, nothing worked. Even his kerbals allways died.    ;.;

I'm sometimes not near my comp so I won't allways reply.:funds::rep::science:+:prograde::retrograde::antinormal::normal::antiradial::radial::targetpro::targetretro::maneuver:=:confused: Jeb.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:17 PM, Geschosskopf said:

UUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

...ok?

On 6/1/2019 at 10:01 PM, Lisias said:

Hummmmm....

Long, long ago I visited Patuxent Naval Air Station (a place where the US Navy tests aircraft, vaguely near Washington DC and Wallops Island) and was told that one of the ways pilots could wash out of the test program was "no apparent fear of death".  I suspect these pilots have the badS flag set.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.