Yeet_TheDinosaur

Is KSP DLC Breaking Ground worth the money?

Is it worth it?  Ohh yeeaaah.  I think so, yes i am an early adopter so qualify for a free one, but having used it a little, had i paid i would have no doubt it is worth what i would have paid for it.

@Yeet_TheDinosaur  congrats on getting the game.  I would echo what several have said already.  KSP has a lot to learn, stay as you are for now and get to grips with building, flying, landing, orbiting, docking and all the other cool stuff before adding extra things to further complicate the already steep learning curve.  Then you will also get better value and enjoyment from the DLC when you do get it as you will be in a much better position to use what it adds.

22 hours ago, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

So... I shouldn't buy the DLC until I go to the Mun (and return). Do you mean in a sandbox or in science/career mode? But even though I go to the Mun and return (it's gonna take a while), my parents are likely to have forgotten it. So I think I'll buy it now and use it later.

Then have a nice day of crashing stuff into KSC!

No, you should but it's probably better if you learn how to play and land on a body before doing science. Buy the DLC, it's fun but if you want to use it for surface exploration.

Also, a big tip, don't start out with a career mode. Science is better for starters. I have played for 6 months now and still haven't found out how to survive in career mode and in science and sandbox I have landed on every planet and moon. so don't start with career.

Anyway buy the DLC worth it for sure

The DLC definitely needs a patch, and since you just got the game, wait awhile and then get it once you have a bit more experience and it has been patched a bit. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2019 at 4:05 AM, merlinux said:

I havent use IR in years, but I did peek at the thread multiple times recently. And I thought the current itteration of the mod relied on a fork of KJR or I may  haved missed something... In the case that you also have KJR with IR in your modlist, your comparison is very unfair...

KJR (kerbal joint reinforcement) for those who don't know is an amazing mod which strengthen the joints on parts. The features of the mod were (kind of) implemented to stock with autostruts and rigid attachment a while back.

But yes @Yeet_TheDinosaur the DLC is totally worth it ;)

no i dont use KJR

actually i tried KJR yesterday, but it didn't work correctly, then i deleted KJR

Edited by aagun123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.