[Artwork] Planet Renderings

iBotz

What program is that you're using?

I like them a lot!

Thanks! I use a program called modo 601 by Luxology. All of the planets are generated procedurally, so I can make hundreds of different variations. That last image took about 2 hours to render on my 16 core machine!

is your computer up to rendering a 1080p image? They'll make a great wallpaper

I could render a 5K image if I choose to, so a 1920x1080 is nothing. Tell me which one you like and when I have a moment, I'll pop it up with a Duna attempt maybe :)

what texture did you use for the rings ?

In the program I use, modo 601, there is a massive library of noise presets. I used one that created black and white bands, and made loop around on itself. I then adjusted the colors.If you look in the image i posted showing the "behind the scenes" specifically on the list to the right, you can see a material called rings and all of the noise patterns that compose it.

Edited by iBotz
More info

Thanks! I use a program called modo 601 by Luxology. All of the planets are generated procedurally, so I can make hundreds of different variations. That last image took about 2 hours to render on my 16 core machine!

HOLY TOLEDO! The price of that machine must be astronomical! What career needs that awesome machine?!?!

-Posted from my I7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.