Mun base support vehicle - Kethane fuel truck

mkn

This is something I've just started playing around with--I still need to design a launch vehicle, but the lander works great. It's a support rover based on the liltrax mod, here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/8652-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Bigtrak-KSP-Edition-v-30-Liltrak?highlight=bigtrak

I'm working with the older cart mod (1.33)--I don't know if everything works ok with 1.34 yet.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/7854-PLUGIN-PART-0-16-Carts-v1-34-Cruise-Control-Compatibility-and-More

It can also store and pump kethane (though it doesn't have a mining drill). The Kethane mod is here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/13692-Mechanical-Mouse-Industries-Kethane-Payload-Packs-Released

I made it to refuel stranded landers and shuttle crew around a Kethane mining/arch research base which is still in progress.

attachment.php?attachmentid=32411&stc=1&d=1346646090

attachment.php?attachmentid=32412&stc=1&d=1346646117

I wasn't exactly planning to build a Curiosity style lander, but that's how it ended up. I've only tested it on Kerbin, but it takes off and lands easily. If you remove the Kethane tanks, you can just drive out from between the landing engines, but if you want to keep them, here's how you get out from under the landing module:

1. Land normally with some fuel left over--you'll need it to eject the landing stage. I use Mechjeb for precision landings when I'm building bases, but it's not included here.

2. Bring thrust to zero and turn off SAS.

3. DO NOT decouple the rover stage yet. Slowly power up the engines until you're just about to take off.

4. Decouple the rover stage. The landing engines should take the lander up and away from the rover and any nearby vehicles.

.craft attached. Have fun!

Hmm, sorry about that--I'm on a mac as well, and it seems to work when I download and re import it from here. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you on version .16?

I'll upload the new version with LV tonight.

Hmm, sorry about that--I'm on a mac as well, and it seems to work when I download and re import it from here. Has anyone else had this problem? Are you on version .16?

I'll upload the new version with LV tonight.

yes i'm on version .16 and i don't know why its weird like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.