Is 1.7.1 MPL working correctly?

_stilgar_

On 6/4/2019 at 7:53 AM, KerbMav said:

You are.

The MPL always takes any experiment-biome set of data it hasnt processed yet and turns it into science.

This was specificially designed this way to ensure players will always be able to get new science even when they are "stuck" in their progression or similar, as well as "producing" science in the end when all is researched to keep making use of the policies.

Will that imply that I get way more science from experiments not returned or transmitted?
Can test this then returning my base to Mun, as some ares like Mun polar has not been landed on yet. 

2 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Will that imply that I get way more science from experiments not returned or transmitted?
Can test this then returning my base to Mun, as some ares like Mun polar has not been landed on yet. 

No, not really. That's what's happening right now, but it's not the way it was previously. The MPL should give you the same science for a given experiment whether you've recovered it before or not. As long as you've never had that experiment in that lab before.

4 hours ago, Tekaoh said:

No, not really. That's what's happening right now, but it's not the way it was previously. The MPL should give you the same science for a given experiment whether you've recovered it before or not. As long as you've never had that experiment in that lab before.

Just did an sample on Minmus midland. Gravity data would return 0.7 science but seismic would return 4.0. Seismic gave around twice as much science as gravity 140 and 80 I think it was. 
So its not 5.7 times more just around 2 times. 

Previously you could only use one experiment in an lab once. You could use in multiple labs. Looks like I was to greedy farming Minmus with transmit and 2x sample return. 
On the other hand I will probably get more from unexplored part of the Mun. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.