Breaking ground: Can't retrieve all science from experiment

hipy

Hey all,

I placed an experiment on the mun. It is now 100% finished but only 53% transmitted. For some reason the experiment keeps turning itself off, disabeling it. I went back with a kerbal to turn it back on but as soon as I left the experiment turned off again. How do I retrieve the remaining science?

unknown.png

Edited by hipy

Stuff like this with the new experiments is a mystery to me. 

One set of experiments I placed on the Mun has continued generating occasional science over a period of several in-game years. Others on Duna have produced nothing despite being powered and connected.

I also have Science Transmitted as "Infinity%" on some experiments. 

Quite a few bugs still to be worked out methinks.   

Just checking - your experiment does have a solar panel nearby with sufficient capacity and it's daytime?

Edited by Foxster

5 hours ago, Foxster said:

Stuff like this with the new experiments is a mystery to me. 

One set of experiments I placed on the Mun has continued generating occasional science over a period of several in-game years. Others on Duna have produced nothing despite being powered and connected.

I also have Science Transmitted as "Infinity%" on some experiments. 

Quite a few bugs still to be worked out methinks.   

Just checking - your experiment does have a solar panel nearby with sufficient capacity and it's daytime?

I think it is a bug yeah, it has power!

Yeah, these things are quite buggy.

The main problem I've noticed is that the Kraken eats the solar panels.  These modules seem possessed by poltergeists, frequently rocking back and forth nearly 180^ each way pivoting on the inboard pair of legs, which forces the little control box on the end of the wires into the ground, and sometimes much of the solar panel itself.  Then it flops back right side up briefly before repeating.  Sometimes it flops too far and falls through the ground completely, being destroyed.  When that happens, the control module starts spamming your message buffer with "can't transmit due to lack of power" many times per second, so that if you immediately run to the tracking center and terminate the remaining modules in 10 seconds or so, you'll still have 200 or so such messages to delete.

And as others have mentioned, the amount of science you get is borked.  Sometimes everything works, sometimes it works partially, sometimes it doesn't work at all despite everything being hooked up.

But to answer the OP's question, maybe the 53% is the same limit for transmitted goo reports as the regular goo experiments?  That shouldn't apply to this long-term study thing, but it wouldn't surprise me if that limit got carried over when they built the surface module by copying parts of the original experiment.

Edited by Geschosskopf

I have a similar problem as the OP, with the difference that for me the "transmitted science" maxes out at about 25%. Which means that I cannot complete the associated contracts... :(

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.