Can anyone help with the choice of graphic mods?

Given that you don't want a performance impact, I recommend downloading the following mods...

• EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements : Without the configs. This mod is a plugin which will allow you to add clouds and other effects into the game.
  • Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements: A lightweight config for EVE. It looks amazing, and barely impacts your performance.
  • StockVisualTerrain: Improves the terrain on the planets and makes them look 10x better.There may be a performance impact though, but I recommend it.

On 6/3/2019 at 5:56 PM, Heirloom said:

Given that you don't want a performance impact, I recommend downloading the following mods...

• EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements : Without the configs. This mod is a plugin which will allow you to add clouds and other effects into the game.
  • Sci-Fi Visual Enhancements: A lightweight config for EVE. It looks amazing, and barely impacts your performance.
  • StockVisualTerrain: Improves the terrain on the planets and makes them look 10x better.There may be a performance impact though, but I recommend it.

how would you compare Spectra to Sci Fi VE

On 6/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, MarkvirsII said:

how would you compare Spectra to Sci Fi VE

Both have different textures and visuals, so you can’t really compare one another. Though the colours on Sci Fi VE are more saturated to give a Sci-Fi look.

22 hours ago, Heirloom said:

Both have different textures and visuals, so you can’t really compare one another. Though the colours on Sci Fi VE are more saturated to give a Sci-Fi look.

Thats a really nice mod your making.

There is an EVE sidebar button that can be used to modify/disable most of the individual textures, it's pretty easy to change the density of the volumetric clouds with it which means that you could have one of the fancy cloud mods, (Spectra is probably worth the melted computer) but decrease the amount of GPU usage when flying through the atmosphere (By far the most intensive part of mods like Sci Fi VE and SVE) without making it look weird from orbit. (This can also make it easier to see) You could also use this to have textures for one planet from mod X and textures for another from mod Y, or to have (For example, because this is what I play with) the from space cloud textures of Sci Fi VE, and the in atmosphere textures of Spectra.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.