Question about the Collect Science from Deployed Science Contracts

My question is about the contracts for collecting 50% (or whatever they may say, mine was 50%) from a Deployed Science Experiment like the Goo experiment.  Do you have to deploy a new Experiment and station, etc..  AFTER accepting the contract?  I ask because I have a contract going to collect science from a Goo experiment on Mun..  I had an existing experiment setup on Mun that I had just gotten started, but the mission is stuck at 0% of the 50% collected, even though the experiment has gained about 25% or so since I accepted the contract.  I'm guessing this is the case that I need to deploy a new experiment, but the contract doesn't note that it has to be a NEW experiment placed after accepting the contract, like the Satellite contracts often say.  do I have to collect that science or Data in person by a kerbal by picking up the unit?  confused on these contracts...

Im not a 100% sure of my answer but check on your deployed experiment how much percentage has been sent back to kerbin instead of how much has been processed(there are 2 distinct fields). It could well be that you haven't gotten any data back yet ;)

There might be a bug with this feature, I have accepted such a contract after I already had a station on Minmus (control + weather station + goo observation).

The contract status says "Collected 859% or 50% of the Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observation science on Minmus.". The number keeps growing, I guess I'll never get that contract fulfilled ("We wanted exactly 50%! This is too much!" ).

When I go to my station, it says that the goo experiment is not connected anymore, it is located 2.1m from the control. I have a similar problem on other stations (one on The Mun and the other 500m from the launch site), some of the experiments indicate they're no longer connected, some others I get nothing when right clicking on it, even though they have power and in range of a comm station.

Edited by Pedro29

9 hours ago, Pedro29 said:

There might be a bug with this feature, I have accepted such a contract after I already had a station on Minmus (control + weather station + goo observation).

The contract status says "Collected 859% or 50% of the Surface Deployed Mystery Goo Observation science on Minmus.". The number keeps growing, I guess I'll never get that contract fulfilled ("We wanted exactly 50%! This is too much!" ).

When I go to my station, it says that the goo experiment is not connected anymore, it is located 2.1m from the control. I have a similar problem on other stations (one on The Mun and the other 500m from the launch site), some of the experiments indicate they're no longer connected, some others I get nothing when right clicking on it, even though they have power and in range of a comm station.

Out of interest, are you running any mods that interact with science?

On 6/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, Pedro29 said:

I've been experiencing the same thing.  mine was telling me I was at 1790% of the deployed science from the moon, and I hadn't even deployed there yet.  this was in a new game save since my first post..  I've since started a 3rd new game save to see if that changes anything.  making lots of quick saves prior to deploying science just to have a place to go back to prior to the science bugging out on me. 

in another post someone said that it is required that you have one of the little deployable antenna's to transmit the science if you are not at KSC, but the KerbNet shows my station on the mun is connected, so that doesn't make seem to jive.  That said, my new station in my new game save has not transmitted yet, so I may need to send up a antenna once I unlock it..

so the deployed science seems a bit weird or buggy at this point.  I would like to see some details out on the Wiki on it from someone who knows the details.

I only run the Alarm Clock MOD, btw..  not sure if that is something that conflicts.  wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Seems that you need a thousand times the specified number.
Not sure if the bug is logical, or they just used a comma instead of a dot.
Also I think 50% means you actually have to get 100% from half the biomes. not exactly sure about that.

Looks like it's fixed with 1.7.2 update :)
Percentage was reset to 0 on the contract, I fast-forwarded to see if it would work and it did, although it seemed a lot slower than before (maybe there was a display issue that showed the actual percentage x1000, as  @Tetnacious mentioned).

On the 1.7.2 changelog:
* Fix Deployed Science contracts displaying incorrect completion amount and not completing properly.
* Fix Deployed Science science generation calculations.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:38 PM, Jognt said:

Out of interest, are you running any mods that interact with science?

There was no mod. Answer is a bit late sorry.

15 hours ago, Pedro29 said:

Percentage was reset to 0 on the contract, I fast-forwarded to see if it would work and it did, although it seemed a lot slower than before (maybe there was a display issue that showed the actual percentage x1000, as  @Tetnacious mentioned).

On the 1.7.2 changelog:
* Fix Deployed Science contracts displaying incorrect completion amount and not completing properly.
* Fix Deployed Science science generation calculations.

There was no mod. Answer is a bit late sorry.

Yep,  mine is working correctly now on that contract!  Thanks to the Devs for the Quick Patch!!!

On 6/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, Saintednine said:

I only run the Alarm Clock MOD, btw..  not sure if that is something that conflicts.

I tried with and without the Alarm Clock, both didn't work in the "old" version. But:

On 6/13/2019 at 4:09 AM, Pedro29 said:

Yupp! Same here!

That bug seriously killed my enthusiasm (More than it should, is I'm honest about it. But hey, who says that humans are rational creatures, Kerbals aren't.) Thanks for fixing it quickly!

3 hours ago, captainmobius said:

Does it matter if the contract was accepted before or after the fix?  I'm on 1.7.2, and still having this exact same issue.

Disregard this.  The answer revealed itself.  I moved on to another mission, and while on that mission I got a message that the "Go-ob" ED Monitor had uploaded some science.  When I checked the mission report the percent complete jumped from 730% of 50% to 10% of 50%.  It appears to have cleared itself!

• 3 weeks later...

I figured it out!

Its a time thing

You have to leave the setup and then just speed up time. It'll gather science on its own - and transmit it back to earth in 10% increments (which also means it wont generate science forever...)

the mission is just about getting 50% of the total possible science sent.

This also means that you need, as a minimum, the controler, three power units (solar or whatnot), the deployable ground goo thing and the communotron deployable to make it work.

On the plus side, it means you can have your kerbals just leave the setp and go home once its deployed.

Edited by webkilla

Guys, a remotely related question. Since I installed the 1.7.3 patch, I am getting notifications about science being sent from my deployed experiments like every 5 in-game minutes. It's getting somewhat annoying, especially in time warps. Would anyone know how to reduce the frequency of data transmissions from those bases?

Edited by Aelipse

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.