Kerbin Texture

EndIris

7tker8T.png

Been spending a little time lately on a new texture for Kerbin. The primary difference is that it has accurate climate based on latitude and terrain. The desert seen here is in the rain shadow of mountains to the south and east. Lakes and oceans have green areas downwind where evaporated water falls as precipitation. Mountains have snow on the sides facing away from the sun. Some rivers have visible runoff into the ocean, and blue-green coral reefs are often found in shallow water. Keep in mind that this is not a screenshot from KSP due to dds conversion issues, but it's a start.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, EndIris said:

SOjqsKB.jpg

Sorry for late reply, haven't been on here much lately.

Looks great- did you get the dds stuff figured out?

what program did you use to make it?

Edited by Nightside

That's a png file there. To convert to a dds you would rotate the image 180 degrees and use an online dds converter to put it into KSP using Kopernicus. Then use KittopiaTech to export the dds with transparency (otherwise the land will look really shiny). This isn't a difficult process but it's not something I am particularly interested in doing right now, so if someone does please post the results. I might be able to later.

I used gimp to make it. About 80% of the land color was done manually with the airbrush, but I did try to make sure it didn't look too different to the Kerbin we all know and love.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.