High (Mid?) Kerbal Orbit rescues?

Ok, i did a pretty thorough search and couldn't find much on these rescues that seem to be on a 45 degree inclination from the Desert Launch pad, and over 1Mm at PA and Ap. I have tried to accomplish using all the "old tricks" for LKO rescues (e.g., 1) into orbit before the vessel, 2) matching inclinations, 3) fixing intercepts with prograde burn somewhere, and 4) rendezvous and rescue); however, something seems "off" when I try to do these mid to high orbit rescues, and it has frustrated such that I wanted to ask for help here.

Do I simply keep trudging along with the same manner, understanding that I am just not skilled enough yet, or 2) are there some sort of different strategies and "tips" for this "High Kerbal Orbit" rescues?

Thanks in advance from a nOOb...

Edited by jasonlee
word change

Quick answer: treat it like you are trying to intercept and orbit Minmus.

Longer answer:

My usual approach:

craft:
a one seater with a mk1 can, okto, X200-8 tank, a Mk 16 chute, a couple of mk2-R, and a terrier. Power, reaction wheels,  comms, and lifter are left as an exercise for the reader.

Mission Plan:
Launch to around 100-120 km.
Match inclination
Burn to first approximation intercept. Usually ends up being around 15 km or so
Coast for a while
Burn for second approximation intercept. Usually ends up around 1 km or so
Get close
Burn to kill relative velocity and get very close.
Transfer Kerbal
Burn for sub-orbital orbit.

Thread moved to Gameplay Questions, since it's seeking help rather than offering it. 

That being said, how much experience do you have with rendezvous at lower orbits? What exactly is going wrong when you try the higher ones? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.