Fly by IVA (Yeah - I'd Buy a DLC for This)

Hello everybody! I would like to be able to fly IVA in stock. The IVA needs more love, more information, more toggles, switches, knobs, and warning lights. Essentially I want to be able to do something like this in the stock game:

Video here

I had this mod in the past, but Squad has depreciated the particular command pod used, so the future doesn't look bright there. And while @MOARdV is developing a new mod, this should really be stock.

Edited by majNUN
code problems

Yes, although interior spaces are quite small so there's little maneuvring room unless you build a space station.

There is a mod called Omicron Flying space car that has a cockpit with window shutters and the interior seats are actual seats you can board. To my mind something like that could work. You wouldn't have to fiddle with interiors as the cockpit itself is an interior.

You could have certain handles, one on the hatch to hang unto on the inside in order to exit the ship, or floor ladder like on the omicron mod so you can crawl up or down to another module.

Modules that are connected to one another, for instance a hitchhiker to a mk1-2 command pod would have a editor option to remove the floor or have a 1.25m opening to drift through, so behind the seats in the Mk 1-2 command pod should get a hole if the editor function was used.

Good idea, I would like it too. But I don't think it would be worthy of a DLC, as it would seem stupid to make people pay for an easier flight experience. Think it should be a stock update, not a DLC.

52 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Good idea, I would like it too. But I don't think it would be worthy of a DLC, as it would seem stupid to make people pay for an easier flight experience. Think it should be a stock update, not a DLC.

It wouldn't think there would be enough scope along the similar lines to build a new game mechanic with Kerbals as masters of there own destiny, not just ballast strapped into seats. To justify this as a key pillar of a DLC. 

Easier flight experience? its harder... and you seem to be opposed to any DLC that costs money.

Such a DLC would take a lot of work to implement. However, if the were to do it, I'd want the ability of kerbals to move around in IVA, so we could explore the inside of the stations that we build. I know that there is a mod that sort of does this, but a better implementation would be great.

It would be awesome if centrifugal stations actually had the effect of artificial gravity, etc.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:14 AM, majNUN said:

Hello everybody! I would like to be able to fly IVA in stock. The IVA needs more love, more information, more toggles, switches, knobs, and warning lights. Essentially I want to be able to do something like this in the stock game:

Video here

I had this mod in the past, but Squad has depreciated the particular command pod used, so the future doesn't look bright there. And while @MOARdV is developing a new mod, this should really be stock.

I LOVED that mod, that was the best.

10 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Honestly if they make a mod like that I would like to be able to move in IVA too since the fixed view point perspectives is very limiting. 

It's not easy to move around a capsule. However, in the mod, you could change seats if you have a Kerman in the chair. Other than that, you can look around much as if you were a pilot in the seat.

1 minute ago, majNUN said:

It's not easy to move around a capsule. However, in the mod, you could change seats if you have a Kerman in the chair. Other than that, you can look around much as if you were a pilot in the seat.

Perhaps not in a capsule but in space stations and even landers, there's still room. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.