Why speed of debris doesn't recalculating after parachute deploy.

I don't know whether it is well known issue. I want to recover my boosters so I placed a parachutes on them.  Parachutes  opened as I suppose and I can land the debris, but only if I always change camera focus between used boosters and main vehicle. If I don't do it game just doesn't recalculate speed for debris. And they counted like crashed into Kerbin. I read that game tend to delete all debries that a lower than 22 km of altitude. Is it the consequence of that mechanism? And if it is, is it possible to make game always recalculate speed of all parts at least while main vehicle doesn't destroyed / landed / higher than some orbit (for instance 400 km in pe)?

Game version: 1.7.1
Platform: Windows 10 x64

Edited by Desor

8 minutes ago, Desor said:

I don't know whether it is well known issue. I want to recover my boosters so I placed a parachutes on them.  Parachutes  opened as I suppose and I can land the debris, but only if I always change camera focus between used boosters and main vehicle. If I don't do it game just doesn't recalculate speed for debris. And they counted like crashed into Kerbin. I read that game tend to delete all debries that a lower than 22 km of altitude. Is it the consequence of that mechanism? And if it is, is it possible to make game always recalculate speed of all parts at least while main vehicle doesn't destroyed / landed / higher than some orbit (for instance 400 km in pe)?

You probably are going out of physics range 

Well, KSP creates a "physics bubble" around your active craft which got a radius of ~25km. Physics are calculated for every part within this bubble, everything else is just "on rails" and follows the last calculated trajectory. Chutes (and drag in general) take no effect. This mechanism reduces the amount of necessary calculations.

Additionally, like you already said, if a part is marked as debris and falls below 22km above Kerbin and it is outside of the physics bubble, it's removed from the game.

The size of the physics bubble and the "auto-remove" altitude cannot be changed in a stock game, you have to work around it or use a mod which solves the issue (FMRS, Stage Recovery, Physic Range Extender for example) in one or another way.

Ok. And what is the size of unmodified physics range? Can I expand it somehow? The perfect decision would be if it is possible to run several physics calculated areas. Do you know is such modifications already exist? Or can it be done through modification of game settings files?

Forgot to mention:
Game version 1.7.1
Platform Windows 10 x64 

9 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, KSP creates a "physics bubble" around your active craft which got a radius of ~25km. Physics are calculated for every part within this bubble, everything else is just "on rails" and follows the last calculated trajectory. Chutes (and drag in general) take no effect. This mechanism reduces the amount of necessary calculations.

Additionally, like you already said, if a part is marked as debris and falls below 22km above Kerbin and it is outside of the physics bubble, it's removed from the game.

The size of the physics bubble and the "auto-remove" altitude cannot be changed in a stock game, you have to work around it or use a mod which solves the issue (FMRS, Stage Recovery, Physic Range Extender for example) in one or another way.

Ok. Then can you said what of proposed by your mods uses better approach? If you know that, could you please share your opinion? As far as I understand the best approach is to create several "bubbles".
Also I should check suggestions thread, cause in my opinion it should be in game mechanic.

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You probably are going out of physics range 

I start to google and found out that you are an author of several good mods. First of all, thank you for your community contribution!
May I ask you the same question that I already asked:

Ok. Then can you said what proposed by your mods uses a better approach? If you know that, could you please share your opinion? As far as I understand the best approach is to create several "bubbles".
Also, I should check suggestions thread, cause, in my opinion, it should be in the game mechanic.

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

FWIW I prefer Stage Recovery to all of them. Mostly because it just works and you don't have to follow your junk down, without the game crippling slowdowns from extending the physics range.

I am a little bit confused. Could stage recovery be installed on 1.7.1? Or I should take an earlier game version.
I have checked github, the latest build is for 1.4.0

Edited by Desor

Just now, Desor said:

I am a little bit confused. Could stage recovery be installed on 1.7.1? Or I should take an earlier game version.

I expect it would. I'd personally try it first and then if I had a problem post in that thread.

I don't use it (or anything like it) right now because money isn't ever really a problem in my games. In fact, right now in my Hard game I'm converting 50% of money and rep to science and still have too much of both the formers and not enough of the latter. :D

11 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I expect it would. I'd personally try it first and then if I had a problem post in that thread.

I don't use it (or anything like it) right now because money isn't ever really a problem in my games. In fact, right now in my Hard game I'm converting 50% of money and rep to science and still have too much of both the formers and not enough of the latter. :D

Yes, money never is a problem in my games too. It is about realism for me. Nobody in the real world would just throw space garbage wherever they want. By the way, is there are a mod what add garbage prohibited areas on the planet? Like cities or something like it. It would be great if there will be a game option to punish a player for 'bad' debris landings, for example, fines.

@linuxgurugamer Thank you for an answer. Is it mod works well in 1.7.1? As I said the last version what can be found on magico13 git is for 1.4.0.
https://github.com/magico13/StageRecovery/releases

Edited by Desor

18 minutes ago, Desor said:

@linuxgurugamer Thank you for an answer. Is it mod works well in 1.7.1? As I said the last version what can be found on magico13 git is for 1.4.0.
https://github.com/magico13/StageRecovery/releases

You actually want the version from LGG: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/StageRecovery/releases

Haven't tried it in 1.7.1 yet but I have the gut feeling it will still work fine :)

Personally, I like to use both, Flight Manager for Resuable Rockets (FMRS) and Stage Recovery (SR) while SR takes control by default but I still have the possibility to land a booster on my own or drop a bunch of probes across Kerbin by using FMRS. Used both in combination in 1.6.1 with no issues and haven't heard of any problems in 1.7 so far :)

11 minutes ago, Desor said:

Thank you for your answers guys.
How can I close that topic? :confused:

You're welcome :)

You cannot close topics on your own but you can ask a moderator to do it:

Commonly, topics are left open and will be buried deep in the forum after some time but it is up to you ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.