Servo vs hinges...

Yes, turned on rigid attachment on them. That being said, I still want to find out whether there's a difference between sevro and hinges.

From "butt dynamos" (ie by visual), I feel the floppiness is about the same for heavy stuff? not sure.

What pique my interest is that some people used servos at place where hinges is sufficicent.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:03 AM, Jestersage said:

From "butt dynamos" (ie by visual), I feel the floppiness is about the same for heavy stuff? not sure.

What pique my interest is that some people used servos at place where hinges is sufficicent.

It's probably a combination of aesthetics and how the mounting surface is configured.

I had a LOT of issues with the robotic parts until they made the "lock" option.  I was making a pontoon research craft for Laythe that can travel on both land and water.  Needed my wheels to retract up out of the water.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, was going to make that setup work...  Wheels were flopping around like a fish out of water, and they'd inevitably kraken and explode, or destroy the runway.  Then the last update introduced the "lock" option, and everything works great.  Lock your stuff for ascent/decent/acceleration/etc., and unlock them to traverse.  Made a world of difference. 

44 minutes ago, Lazarus MonkeyMan said:

Then the last update introduced the "lock" option, and everything works great.

The lock function was there in 1.7.1.

You need Advanced Tweakables turned on to see it.  You must have enabled that at some point after updating to 1.7.2.

Edited by Geonovast

I have KSP on two platforms- my desktop and a surface pro.  I play on the surface pro with no internet.  My desktop version updated and had the lock option, my surface pro didn't (had to update it by tethering my phone).  Now, after the update, I have the lock option on my surface pro.  

Regardless, the lock option helps with flopiness.

*Also: advanced tweakables was turned on in both cases.

Edited by Lazarus MonkeyMan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.