Removing Resources in KSP 1.7.1

Before KSP 1.7.1 it used to work to either call part.RemoveResource()  or part.Resources.Remove or part.Resources.Clear() to remove a resource. Although the call itself removes the part.resources list, it is not removed from the visual representation in the context menu, almost as if it isn't properly updated or refreshed. Notice that once you close the context menu and reopen it, the removed resource it correctly removed, telling me this is clearly some gui refresh issue. Anyone have an idea to refresh of removed the resoures from the part context menu

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Don't know if you have your answer already, but I was told that the dirty Window call has been changed so you have to approach it differently to get an update. 

No not yet. I was aware it had something to do with the window dirt state. In the past, it did  try to get access to it but this handle through reflection bit it no longer appears to work. Would you know how?

Alright I found the  solution:

private void UpdatePartActionWindow()
        {
            var window = FindObjectsOfType<UIPartActionWindow>().FirstOrDefault(w => w.part == part);
            if (window != null)
            {
                foreach (UIPartActionWindow actionwindow in FindObjectsOfType<UIPartActionWindow>())
                {
                    if (window.part != part) continue;
                    actionwindow.ClearList();
                    actionwindow.displayDirty = true;
                }
            }
        }

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.