[Breaking ground] Can be broblems with viewing a DLC content like craters or stones in games started before the release of DLC?

I need to find a big crater on a Mun and to skan it, but I can't find it. I came to a biomes:South-West crater and to the Far crater(In the contract written that I can find the crater in these biomes), but I can't find the "Big crater"(I found out it's not so big).

I tried to find the crater in a game that I started before the releasing of DLC. Can be the problems with viewing objects to study in these games or not? 

Edited by CrazyGreenPilot_RUS

Games that are started before the release of the DLC do not have any DLC content. No rocks or craters or anything, unless you make a change by hand in your persistent.sfs file.

To add DLC content to a savegame that already existed, you need to add the line ROCSeed = XXXXXX

Where XXXXX is a random number, to the savegame file.

15 hours ago, bewing said:

Games that are started before the release of the DLC do not have any DLC content. No rocks or craters or anything, unless you make a change by hand in your persistent.sfs file.

To add DLC content to a savegame that already existed, you need to add the line ROCSeed = XXXXXX

Where XXXXX is a random number, to the savegame file.

I already have this line in save files. Or what should I add?

Is the number -1? If so, change it to any other number. Just mash the number pad like 8964315

If the number is already like that, then you need to search harder. If you hit alt-f12 there's a section for Breaking Ground and in that a checkbox that will turn on little red arrows to point them out.

1 hour ago, CrazyGreenPilot_RUS said:

Is it ROC Finder? I don't see any arrows but I turned it on.

Yes that's it. I turned it on, went to a base I had on Mun, zoomed way out, and saw a couple arrows in an entire large (biome) crater.

I did the same on Minmus and saw nothing. They're that rare there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.