I finally finished cleaning my hard drive after that last video! Over 100GB of Apollo 13-related materials, everything from photos to wholly uncompressed 16mm DAC film transfers/entire TV transmissions. 

I make these videos as a hobby. I figure there aren't that many resources that give you a centralized, by-mission experience of the Apollo program. I have so much fun making them.

Edited by JJJacksonTyler

Here are some pictures of the one-of-a-kind Moon Rubik's Cube, as promised!

https://imgur.com/a/AI8xarw

Technically a sphere, not a cube. But no matter! It solves like a cube. I can solve the front side, but the back side...it's very messy. Although you can definitely feel the Aitken Basin when you piece it together right.

Continued developing my bot

1sJYlpo.png

Introduced the first game for the bot a basic game of rock paper scissors.First you write the command and the bot will respond with a small embed and autoreacting with Mount fugi(rock) A news paper (paper) and scissors after the user reacts to it,then the bot edits the embed to show the result.The next step is to add a point system!

• 2 weeks later...

I finished a drawing I've been working on for too long:

pFgVRca.png

simplex is a shape made by taking all the points of a polygon and connecting them in all possible ways. It turns out that this shape is a projection of the 'pyramid' of n-1 dimensions for a polygon of n sides. This polygon has 50 sides, so I made a 49-simplex. I then copied it and connected the vertices, making it a prism. This makes it a 49-simplex prism, a shape with 50 dimensions.

I think I am probably the first person to draw this shape, or at least only one of < 5. It has 100 corners and 2500 edges...

Here is the 3D equivalent

5en6zzh.png

I'm done

Edited by cubinator

On 11/5/2019 at 4:54 AM, cubinator said:

I finished a drawing I've been working on for too long:

Did you do that by hand? Cause that's really neat.

(also willing to bet its possible to make a program that does that automagically for a reasonable number of n sides)

12 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Did you do that by hand? Cause that's really neat.

(also willing to bet its possible to make a program that does that automagically for a reasonable number of n sides)

Yeah, with a line tool but that's all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 12:13 PM, KerbolExplorer said:

Hey you,you are finally awake

"Good morning. You have been in suspension for FIFTY days. In compliance with state and federal regulations, all testing candidates in the Aperture Science Extended Relaxation Center must be revived periodically for a mandatory physical and mental wellness exercise."

Snowed about 8 inches here. Drove my wife in to round this morning (she was on call last night) since she's not as keen on driving in snow. Started on prep for turkey (spatchcocked it---cut out the spine, folded it flat to cook in a reasonable amount of time instead of multiple hours). Put the extraneous parts in a pan to roast for drippings (gravy). Got prep for cornbread/chorizo stuffing. Gotta go pick up my in-laws soon (they are in their 80s, and even less keen on driving in snow). My wife made some pie...

22 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Just finished Thanksgiving dinner. Food coma setting in. Two glasses of wine aren't helping.

We're about to start eating, as soon as the stuffing comes out of the oven. The whole house smells like glorious.

Sadly no wine, as the second I'm done eating I have to start a full work "day" :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.