Can Kerbin Get More Love?

I noticed that the Breaking Ground DLC adds some more stuff to various celestial bodies in the game. Would it be possible for Kerbin to get some more love as well (possibly as an update to the base game or DLC?) that adds stuff like structures, cities, actual people, etc?

I know that's a lot, but I never liked how lifeless the planet feels. It just seems to be a mainly flat plain with little actually in it. I definitely know that the game is focused on space and the like, but I would like to see more life to Kerbin as well. It starts to just feel uncomfortably...quiet. Nothing much at all that exists. It's as if the only Kerbins that exist are those in the KSP.

Maybe even something silly like a screen showcasing random news headlines that changes depending on your success? Like some ridiculing you if you continuously fail or praising you if you continuously succeed? And the more milestones you hit, the more focus the news has on you? If you really want, maybe you could have different countries in the game with some that don't take too kindly to you if you happen to land on their country. Just some ideas for what could be done.

6 minutes ago, masterchiefan said:

Maybe even something silly like a screen showcasing random news headlines that changes depending on your success? Like some ridiculing you if you continuously fail or praising you if you continuously succeed? And the more milestones you hit, the more focus the news has on you?

I doubt Kerbin will get much attention, especially for non-interactives, but I really like this idea.

Welcome aboard, @masterchiefan!

1 hour ago, Richy teh space man said:

I would also like to see more signs of intelligent life on Kerbin outside the KSC.

First, we have to find intelligent life inside the KSC.

And yes, I'd like to see some more to do on Kerbin, too, though I have no strong opinion on what I'd like to see.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Richy teh space man said:

I would also like to see more signs of intelligent life on Kerbin outside the KSC.

Floating islands of plastic packages.

11 hours ago, Dman979 said:

First, we have to find intelligent life inside the KSC.

Moving shadows in windows in nighttime.

Edited by kerbiloid

Well, I was thinking of making a suggestion somewhat related to this, but first I'll point out that this:

stuff like structures, cities,

Has been suggested many, many times.

However, BG adds some stuff that can easily spice up Kerbin. Kerbin should be like Earth, with a huge range of features.

For that reason, I've added geysers to kerbin's badlands, Bergs to its poles. I'm thinking "cryovolcanoes" to under the sea (as stand ins for hydrothermal vents), bassalt formations to the mountains... likely more to come (just repurposing pre existing features). Imagine coral formations under the sea and hydrothermal vents.

I would also add at least 1 more biome: 1 for the big impact formation (and have ejecta/meteroite fragments spawn around there), and pick one of the small islands, repurpose it as a volcanic island (like hawaii), and give it its own biome and volcanic features... etc.

More biomes and more features to encourage exploring Kerbin

• 3 weeks later...

I would love for cities to be added, especially ones like KSC, where you can drive around inside the city, and how about in those cities, you had a HQ there, one that you  (the CEO or whatever you want to call him/her and their offices and such) could enter. How about an on-KSC hospital, and houses in  the cities that only one Kerbal can enter, because it is their house.

Edited by Mikenike
Spelling

More life on Kerbin would be great - and I cannot tell you how ridiculously happy I would be if they added newscasts and other "countries" - and the idea of that if you landed a Kerbal in a bad region you might have to pay a fine to get them out. This would prevent just plopping a capsule down wherever, and make you have to think more about your trajectory to be safe (just like what NASA would have to do back in the Cold War - landing some astronauts in the middle of the USSR might be a bad idea) Also, crashing rockets into cities might get you a bad rep on the news, leading to less contracts and of course lowered reputation points. However, completing missions would get you great news coverage and maybe even special grants from the Kerbal gouvernement. I'm probably taking this idea little too far but it's better to give too much than too little I guess. 

Edited by Duck McFuddle

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, kerbiloid said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Floating islands of plastic packages.

Moving shadows in windows in nighttime.

Not bad. Pretty simple to implement ( I assume) but perhaps not. I like it.

6 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

More life on Kerbin would be great - and I cannot tell you how ridiculously happy I would be if they added newscasts and other "countries" - and the idea of that if you landed a Kerbal in a bad region you might have to pay a fine to get them out. This would prevent just plopping a capsule down wherever, and make you have to think more about your trajectory to be safe (just like what NASA would have to do back in the Cold War - landing some astronauts in the middle of the USSR might be a bad idea) Also, crashing rockets into cities might get you a bad rep on the news, leading to less contracts and of course lowered reputation points. However, completing missions would get you great news coverage and maybe even special grants from the Kerbal gouvernement. I'm probably taking this idea little too far but it's better to give too much than too little I guess. 

Also a good idea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.