Breaking Ground Rotor-Car Racing

Would anyone care for a race?

J4XYH6A.gif

People have been able to "drive" without using wheels in the past, but one of the main hurdles I've had with that is a lack of control over the axle, and lack of steering. Not anymore, thanks to Breaking Ground!

Steering is possible through hinges so you can point a car where you want it to go. Rotor engines allow you to spin "wheels" at whatever speed you wish (sort of) so you can speed up and slow down. Therefore racing is possible!

Rules:

1. Drive comes from rotor engines only. No rover wheels, no jet power.
  2. Steering is done by wheels. Suspension can be used.
  3. No ready made wheels, e.g. planes or rover parts.
  4. Don't use mods that would give you an unfair driving or part-picking advantage that would break the spirit of the challenge!
  5. Time it how you want it. It's just a bit of fun. A few screenshots would be good!

The Tracks

You don't need to do all 3! The drag strip is fairly easy as you can start from the spawn point.

Drag Race

From the Dessert Airfield Spawn at one end of the runway, to the other end of the runway (marked by the lights).

LopxgaM.png

Low Speed Manoeuvreability Track

Stay on the tarmac (other than the short grass section between R&D and Tracking) and don't cut the corners. However I appreciate it is impossible to avoid the grass all the time. If you slide off the track on the "outside", as in the opposite of cutting a corner on the inside it doesn't matter. If you cut a corner because you're crashing and it doesn't result in saved time, it doesnt matter, etc. I recommend you quick save when you reach the start! Start off of the run way so it doesn't explode.

OYIzSFS.png

High Speed track

This is much more flexible, use whatever space you want just as long as  you pass by the relevent "corners". I recommend you quick save when you reach the start! Start off of the run way so it doesn't explode.

JAC1cMv.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.