What is Your Favorite Movie? (Oldies Included)

Mr. Peabody

On 9/26/2020 at 4:43 PM, Nuke said:

no chalton heston, no damn dirty ape. 

chaRlton heston.

15 hours ago, LN400 said:

Saw ST in the cinema with a bunch of mates. That was one wicked awesome way to spend time!

It was okay, cheesy for a scify but it wasnt too bad.

• 1 month later...

I've really come to enjoy any movie I liked that I can get my kids to watch and enjoy.

Last time it was The Forbidden Planet.

This weekend, I'm going to see how well the radio version of War of the Worlds goes.

Edited by razark

13 hours ago, razark said:

I've really come to enjoy any movie I liked that I can get my kids to watch and enjoy.

Last time it was The Forbidden Planet.

This weekend, I'm going to see how well the radio version of War of the Worlds goes.

Our Halloween tradition is, instead of trick-or-treating, we each buy a bag of candy (our pick of the mix), we dump them all in a big bowl, and then we spend the day sitting around watching a movie trilogy and eating candy. Way more fun than dressing up in costumes and going around begging for handouts. This year the trilogy is the original Jurassic Park(s).

• 1 month later...

I am quite a big Quentin Tarantino fan. Actually I'm completely into this whole class of directors - QT, the Coen brothers, Robert Rodriguez, and the like.

One film I find to be severely underrated is The Hateful Eight. The general consensus that I see is that the film is bloated and/or has an excessive runtime. I don't feel this way - in fact one of the aspects of the film that stood out to me the most was that it felt more like a play than a motion picture. No other film has made me snap out of the "I'm watching a movie" sentiment more than this one. The camera and aesthetic choices, along with the sound track, simply make this the most immersive and frankly amazing films I have ever watched.

Another film(s) that I find to be special is the Kill Bill series. I don't know many other films that manage to be so overblown and exaggerated, yet do so while being taken seriously and perfectly maintaining their self-awareness.

• 10 months later...
On 10/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, TheSaint said:

Our Halloween tradition is, instead of trick-or-treating, we each buy a bag of candy (our pick of the mix), we dump them all in a big bowl, and then we spend the day sitting around watching a movie trilogy and eating candy. Way more fun than dressing up in costumes and going around begging for handouts. This year the trilogy is the original Jurassic Park(s).

Ha, funny it should come up. This year our Halloween trilogy was Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. The best superhero movies ever made.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 2:35 PM, LN400 said:

Saw ST in the cinema with a bunch of mates. That was one wicked awesome way to spend time!

I saw ST with one of the guys who did the physical effects for the movie—and I poodleed about the movie the entire time, I was not a fan ;)

I think I owe him a bottle of scotch for that.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Ericbarker306 said:

My favorite have always been tied for first so I'll just lost them all...

Star Wars, LotR, and Nolan Batman Films.

Mine too! I like The Polar Express, The Wind Rises, and the Indiana Jones movies (all five!).

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favorite movie that holds a place beyond special to me is Lady and the Tramp. Its roughly 26 years older than me. I have so many happy memories of watching it as a child in the 80’s. 

gonna leave 2 songs for you

They truly, honestly do not make movies like this any more. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.