Catastrophic bug Regarding DX11

While foring DX11 significantly reduces RAM usage, i found out that in DX11 ksp, re-entry effect will only be visible very up close. Anyone have any means to fix it?

See how it glows

362.png

and when I zoom out a little, it was gone, the velocity was still high enough

363.png

Edited by Iso-Polaris

I don't have a definite answer for you, but how a visual bug can be considered catastrophic? was expecting an exploding ship.

Now I dont use DX as I am on linux however if DX11 is not the default library it might well be for this kind of visual bug.

play stock game.... or ask modders to work with dx11 (unless my gpu is just excrementsty (pic 1 looks better visually then anything i have played on via my computer).

Edited by k00b

On 6/13/2019 at 4:37 AM, EchoLima said:

I also get this bug, although like others I wouldn't describe it as catastrophic. 

The mod Re-entry Particle Effect helps a bit by providing other effects when you're zoomed out. 

After several days of not solving this issue, I have no choice but to go with re-entry particle effect mod.

Edited by Iso-Polaris

On 6/15/2019 at 11:40 AM, Iso-Polaris said:

After several days of not solving this issue, I have no choice but to go with re-entry particle effect mod.

Sorry you were forced into this situation. :D
It's a good mod. You'll enjoy that mod.

1 minute ago, merlinux said:

uhm. Ill give you some clues... there are 2 sentences... written with different font sizes on 2 different lines....

"Simply don't zoom out so far."?

That can't be right

Edited by Iso-Polaris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.