Station contracts

Hi,

Can station contracts be completed when the station is assembled in space in smaller parts? I built a station around Kerbin for a contract but it never gets completed. I'm 100% sure that all requirements are satisfied but the contract list shows only the special parameters checked while the general parameter (must have an antenna, a docking port and generate power) remains unchecked. I have all these in the station, built with stock parts (to rule out mod issues), but they were assembled in different missions. Could that be the issue?

I would ask if I could complete it by editing the save file, but just learned from another post that we can solve it with the debug menu (Alt + F12). I guess that's what I'm going to do but would still like to know if there are restrictions to how we build a station to fulfill a contract's requirements.

Thanks,

Marconi

You can certainly build stations out of pieces, however, there is one trick that you have to be very careful of. Of course, every part that you dock to your station has to have been built after the contract was accepted.

However, please note very carefully that statement also applies to spacetugs, and refueling depots. The "age" of a combined docked craft is the older of the two docked craft. So if you refuel a spacetug from an old tanker, and then use the spacetug to grab some station part, and then dock that part to the station -- you're in trouble.

However, if you do all the work to complete a contract, but then the contract refuses to complete from some little quirk of the game, nobody will ever blame you for using the Alt-F12 menu to force the contract to completion.

6 hours ago, bewing said:

However, please note very carefully that statement also applies to spacetugs, and refueling depots. The "age" of a combined docked craft is the older of the two docked craft. So if you refuel a spacetug from an old tanker, and then use the spacetug to grab some station part, and then dock that part to the station -- you're in trouble.

Ok, that's something I didn't know. I'm always carefull to build the stations after the contracts are accepted, but I never considered tugs or other spacecrafts interacting with them. Not sure if this is the case for this station but it could well be, since I used quite a few tugs in its construction. This kind of denies the purpose of the tugs that I keep in space for builds and maintenance, so I think I'll be using the Alt + F12 solution quite often.  ;-)

Thanks a lot for the heads up!

I had this exact problem...  built a station to go into Minmus orbit.. one parameter was 6,000 units of fuel. Instead of dragging the fuel with me from Kerbin, I fueled the station form my mining base on Minmus. Once I docked to transfer fuel, it messed up the contract. I met the parameters, undocked, then ALT-F12'd it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.