What to Name My Bases? Help!

DRAG0Nmon

In my science save, I have decided that to challenge myself, I will have a base on every planet and moon in KSP, as well as have a space station orbiting it. I have also decided to name each base/station after a band or singer I like, so I called the operation "Golden Record". But I don't know what band should pair with what planet/moon. So I need help. I plan put whoever helped me name the base in the flag that's planted when it lands. Thanks in advance!

The list:

Freddy Mercury: Moho, because it is the analogue of Mercury

Queen: MDZhB "Laythe because it is the queen of the Jool system."

David Bowie: Mun, because, well I don't know. 

Pink Floyd: Minmus, because it is a magical world of mint and super man gravity, and there songs bring you to a magical world.

Metallica: Ike, because they were a metal/rock band, and whenever I think of metal I think of dark colors .

Led Zeppelin: cantab "Eeloo, because it is far away like heaven. you have to take a stairway to get there."

Black Sabbath: Dres, because they are also a metal band, and Dres is darker than Ike.

Rolling Stones: Gilly, because your rocket turns into a "Rolling Stone" on it's slopes" (cantab)

Billy Joel: FleshJeb "Low Kerbol Orbit, because the star 'starts the fire'".

Johnny Cash: Tylo, because your engine makes a burning ring of fire when landing.

Nirvana: Bop, because the certain easter egg of a certain deep sea creature looks like his hair, in a way.

AC/DC: Eve, because it has oceans of rocket fuel, and rockets are loud, like thunder.

Guns N' Roses: Duna, because roses are red like Duna.

Beatles: FleshJeb "Vall, because it is the diamond in the sky with Lucy."

Elvis: MDZhB "Jool because it is the king of the planets."

The Eagles: Pol, because it has mystical invisible mountains, like the mystical Hotel California.

Thanks MDZhB, FleshJeb, cantab

Edited by DRAG0Nmon

Led Zeppelin: Kerbin, because it's the Stairway To Heaven, or Eeloo for the lyrics in Immigrant Song

Rolling Stones: Tylo, because it's a really big stone and I Can't Get No Satisfaction there.

Billy Joel: Low Solar orbit because We Didn't Start The Fire, or Gilly because she's the Uptown Girl.

Johnny Cash: Eve: because Hurt

Nirvana: Dres, because Nevermind.

AC/DC: Bop and Pol for Malcom and Angus, respectively.

Beatles: Vall, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

Considering the amount of rocket power needed to land on Tylo, and the noise those engines are going to make, you could call that world Thunderstruck.

Pol has some of the steepest slopes in the solar system, so it'd be a natural place to find The Rolling Stones.

The most distant world of the system, Eeloo, might be a good metaphor for a Stairway to Heaven.

With Laythe claimed, you're left with a choice of Kerbin or Eve to sail your Yellow Submarine.

2 hours ago, DRAG0Nmon said:

Johnny Cash: I don't know. Help!

I'd normally say Eve due to it being a prison and "Folsom Prison Blues".  But you've already given Eve to AC/DC.  So maybe a solar orbit lower than Moho, the "Ring of Fire".  Or Kerbin geostationary orbit, where you "Walk the Line".  Or maybe the KSC Flagpole, from the "Ballad of Ira Hayes".

Nirvana: I don't know. Help!

Nirvana is one of the better versions of the afterlife so I'd recommend an idyllic location.   There are several beautiful beaches along the south coast of the continent east of KSC.

The Eagles: I don't know. Help!

Some Sedna-like asteroid with a period measured in thousands of years because "Take it to the Limit".  Or another idyllic beach on the south coast of the eastern continent where you can "Take it Easy,".  Or low orbit anywhere because "Life in the Fast Lane".  Or the Desert Airfield for "Hotel California". 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.