[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] Mk-X Spaceplane Parts

linuxgurugamer

Forum user @benjee10 made these parts 3 years ago, and is unable to continue.  While I am not going to make parts for it (I will accept new part if submitted to me), I updated their configs and releasing it now.  original thread:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/148722-12-mk-x-spaceplane-parts-for-ksp-12-1875m-x-37b/

Mk-X Spaceplane Parts

The parts are 1.875m wide and the cargo bay has space for 1.25m probes/payloads. 

As usual, no pics = no interest, so here are some pics:

IzeBggR.png

N38kS85.png

aK9eVlc.png

4KCeyxC.png

Includes four parts currently: drone core, RCS slice, cargo bay (in 1.2 only) (2 are stacked together here to make the X-37b) and an LFO tank. The integrated RCS currently only covers roll and pitch so you will need a few additional thrusters to fully balance it for docking.

Availability

CKAN availability in progress

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Isn't this a little big for its launch vehicles? I rescaled it to 50% and it fits perfectly inside TundraExploration's Falcon 9 fairings.

I guess this thing is closer to its real life scale... The real X-37 has a wingspan of 4.5m and was launched in a 5.4m diameter fairing... (The in game Falcon 9 fairing diameter is only 3.75m. )

Any chance of a craft file? Looks real good. There's slight clipping of the front node of the cargo bay but not serious. Added some hinges to fold the wings in so it doesn't need an xbox huge fairing and it flies great!

26580f66a5.jpg

Edited by CactusLynx

On 6/23/2019 at 5:34 AM, CactusLynx said:

Any chance of a craft file? Looks real good. There's slight clipping of the front node of the cargo bay but not serious. Added some hinges to fold the wings in so it doesn't need an xbox huge fairing and it flies great!

I'll take a look at it.

Are you offering up a craft file?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, RYU AZUKU99 said:

These craft have a really bad habit of rotating in the atmosphere

If you really looked at the video, you will see that the control surfaces are forcing the roll.  The left aileron down and the right aileron is up.  Of course it rolls

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.