[Breaking ground] Requirement for hinges to collapse?

For testing purpose, I am making two otherwise identical spider walker that can be stowed. First operation is to get it stand up from stowage position to unfolded (extended) position.

What is weird is that the 4 legged version can unfold no problem. However, the 6-leg version -- after the legs are unfolded -- collapse -- just splayed outward.

And yes, I removed the middle legs for testign. Smooth sailing.

Each leg is composed of 3 G-11 hinges, with M-650 I beam as legs. 2 G-11 formed the hips, and 1 G-11 act as knees.

Not sure what caused the problem. Can someone provide an answer?

EDIT:
Pastebin for the 4L: https://hastebin.com/dezucaqoyi.nginx
Pastebin for the 6L: https://hastebin.com/duruloviga.nginx

Found an answer: out of battery.

Edited by Jestersage

It sounds like the weight of the additional legs exceeded the load-carrying capacity of the hinges in an illogical manner typical of KSP :) .  This might possibly be combined with the ground friction of what you're using for feet on the ends of the legs, and the surface you're on.  I-beams provide very little traction and even less so if the movement of the legs reduces their ground contact area.  Also, the runway is quite slippery compared to actual ground surface.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.