ENB for KSP

PhoenixTheSage

It seems neat, but there were too many pathological behaviours with a default config (the VAB and launchpad in the KSC are red, motion blur makes camera movements blur the screen into incomprehensibility) to bother tweaking it. Anyone have a good config set up?

I use Photoshop and Lightroom daily so I think turning off hyperthreading might be out of the question. But the prospect of possibly doubling my CPU utilization is nice...I almost wish I still had my old single core opteron rig laying around to see how well it handles this game, and if it plays just set that up as my KSP machine. I know there's limited parallelization within Unity, but do they support any multi-GPU or dedicated physics GPU stuff yet? I remember that being something people were asking for a few years back too.

I use Photoshop and Lightroom daily so I think turning off hyperthreading might be out of the question. But the prospect of possibly doubling my CPU utilization is nice...I almost wish I still had my old single core opteron rig laying around to see how well it handles this game, and if it plays just set that up as my KSP machine. I know there's limited parallelization within Unity, but do they support any multi-GPU or dedicated physics GPU stuff yet? I remember that being something people were asking for a few years back too.

Don't bother. Modern i5 or i7 have > 200% more performance per core than your old wooden opteron. Also ENB should have minimal impact on cpu performance, all it does is shiv ugly shaders into games.

Um, nothing about it is blurry...

That first screenshot is blurry in that it looks like the camera has fog over the lens, which indicates the bloom effect is probably turned up too high. Honestly, it's not a very endearing screenshot, as you can probably tell by the generally negative responses you're getting.

I'd suggest getting fraps reinstalled so you can add more attractive screenshots with side-by-side vanilla screenshots so people can easily see what it adds to the game.

The in-game screenshot mechanism probably doesn't capture the dx overlay which is why it's not showing the effects.

• 1 month later...

I decided to try a ENB setting aswell, I think it looks a bit better dont wanna overdo things, i just want a very very subtle addition, but im still not happy with it anyway its just testing and playin around with an outdated enb.

I'm still missing features of a newer enb (couldn't get any working), like smooth adaption of bloom and better bloom config, better colorcorrection etc...maybe external effect injection to be able to really configure bloom and other stuff also works with the old enb, i might give it a try, maybe^^

Well here some shots with comparison:

Album:

http://dartmauk.imgur.com/

As said: Not finished only playin around me=unsatisfied, still if someone is interested I might upload the config.

Edited by Dartmauk
Added my actual album

It's a bit shocking seeing people on such an easygoing forum bashing somebody for releasing a graphics mod in its infancy. What Hogdriver and Erkle64 did for docking, PhoenixTheSage is doing for graphics. The devs probably won't get around to implementing/improving either for quite a while, so somebody decided to take matters into their own hands, and I see nothing wrong with that. Having seen how much ENB can enhance and refresh games lacking in the graphics department, I'm very excited to see where this mod goes.

It's a bit shocking seeing people on such an easygoing forum bashing somebody for releasing a graphics mod in its infancy.

My sentiments exactly. I've never seen so many people in this community bash someone just for attempting to improve the game. Whilst ENB may not be to everyone's taste, the same can be said for just about every mod. There's some users that won't see the point, and others who will adore it. I think PhoenixTheSage is doing great work trying to get ENB working for KSP, and I too, look forward to seeing where this goes.

Not very eye appealing to me, just making things blurry.

I think giving more pics may give people a better idea of what it does. You only have one picture that shows what it really looks like, the other is a bunch of colors..

Why did you make everything blurry?

Is there a point to be proven here?

Do the normal graphixs settings not surpass your expectations?!

Why must you be so harsh? Is there a point to be proven here?

Does someone making a graphics mod surpass your oversensitivity?!

I don't understand why some of you guys have a problem with criticizing people's mods. If you don't criticize mods how will the creators ever know what to improve? How bad does a mod have to be before it warrants criticism? Should we all just say every mod is perfect because every creator is a perfect special autistic snowflake while we dance into sunset on a moonlit beach in lalaland?

I don't understand why some of you guys have a problem with criticizing people's mods. If you don't criticize mods how will the creators ever know what to improve? How bad does a mod have to be before it warrants criticism? Should we all just say every mod is perfect because every creator is a perfect special autistic snowflake while we dance into sunset on a moonlit beach in lalaland?

There is a VERY big difference between constructive criticism and what is going on here. Can you explain to me what these people see wrong in the mod other than they PERSONALLY don't like the aesthetics? No you cannot. And there is the problem.

Edit: now, personally disliking the aesthetics is not wrong, but yelling WHAT WERE YOU FRACKING THINKING MOD CREATOR is definitely not alright, and is blatantly disrespectful.

Edited by Misterspork

There is a VERY big difference between constructive criticism and what is going on here. Can you explain to me what these people see wrong in the mod other than they PERSONALLY don't like the aesthetics? No you cannot. And there is the problem.

Edit: now, personally disliking the aesthetics is not wrong, but yelling WHAT WERE YOU FRACKING THINKING MOD CREATOR is definitely not alright, and is blatantly disrespectful.

Indeed. You guys didn't even mess with the enbseries.ini to see what it can do! You just loaded up the mod and went "WELL SH** IT SUCKS, SCREW YOU MOD CREATER, TOO MUCH BLUUR"

Guys try adjusting this to weak the bloom, this worked for me.

In the enbseries.ini change:

BloomPowerNight=19 to something like BloomPowerNight=5

This worked for me and is good starting point. 5 seems more realistic. I tried to adjust BloomPowerDay and other ones and they don't bring down the bloom for me. So give this a whirl, if some of you guys don't know where to start.

cool but enb series always lowers fps by a lot! i already have issue with frames sometimes so adding more to the problem is bad lol. It looks pretty cool though if you edited it to your liking! Glad you could find a way to make ENB work with ksp

• 9 months later...
He can't do attachments because he's got less than 5 posts. You can get around this as sal suggested by using a site like imgur.com.

I'm interested in what you can do to KSP with the ENB series. I've used it in other games and it can make things look much better.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Here is the one example KSP with Enbseries + SweetFX.

Album for all comparison images : http://imgur.com/a/x9MZP#0

I will share this when i have done all tests' date=' trying to balance Chromatic aberration not to cause Texts/fonts look bad. ( Saturation is too high i know, cause i was trying to balance colors when i took those screenshots. ) Bad example of Chromatic aberration [url']http://i.imgur.com/x7K7ane.png

@PhoenixTheSage, thanks alot for sharing.

Edited by disorderpunk
removed big image

I like it! Having an enb in Skyrim always made things look much better, ever if it does need some work. And it still works in 0.21.

Out of curiosity, is there any way for me to add DoF? I know it's not very popular, but I like the effect.

Don't be looking at me, someone else posted.

Also, a couple pics of how it looks for other people's reference. It's a pretty minor change, don't be fooled by the pics in the OP.

You do know how ENB works? Like tweak the settings for yourself?