Lock robotic part whilst moving

It would be very useful to be able to lock a robotic part whilst it is moving. I am trying to make a set of custom legs move from deployed to stowed but then also to another position for a cargo release height. It seems the game does not allow any method for doing this as you cannot apply more than two limitations to the angle restrictions and thus you cannot apply two action groups to one servo, and the KAL 1000 just writes over the original part angle restrictions..  :huh:

1 hour ago, Lazarus MonkeyMan said:

I haven't tried to assign a robotic part to two different KAL-1000s though; do you think that would work?

Well, there's one way to find out! ;)

I suspect (but do not actually know) that it would work just fine, as long as the two KAL-1000s aren't trying to run at the same time.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, Lazarus MonkeyMan said:

Having multiple different set angles would be pretty nice.  I haven't tried to assign a robotic part to two different KAL-1000s though; do you think that would work?

It does. I've made subs and tilt-rotors with "gears" for various conditions this way -- low gear for crawling/taxiing, mid gear for normal operation/take-off, higher gears for cruise and climb and so on. You can then bind the KALs to actions.

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

It does. I've made subs and tilt-rotors with "gears" for various conditions this way -- low gear for crawling/taxiing, mid gear for normal operation/take-off, higher gears for cruise and climb and so on. You can then bind the KALs to actions.

Awesome!  I also saw they're going to update parts to self-interact.  I've been designing a flatbed truck to tow an ascent vehicle behind a manned science rover, and it would have REALLY helped if I could tell certain parts not to simply ghost through structural elements...  Even with dry weight, a Tylo ascent craft is kinda heavy.  I was trying to make some sort of stability assist for it, but everything just passed through anything else attached to the craft.  I'm really looking forward to that! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.