deleted

Because the devs needed to put a bandaid on the wheels when they were released (err updated in 1.0 or whatever the wheel update was) cause of some major wobbling issues or something of the sort.  I asked this question ages ago and they said that it was done to prevent issues.

What i do have an issue with is that there is no way to override this even if you are willing to let the kraken out.  I know its a possible risk of craft exploding/wobbling/going poof, but i think its about time to unlock the autostrut forced behavior (at least in a config flag or something) for those of us that want to make legit suspensions not reliant on the wheel itself.  What do you say @SQUAD?

Try increasing the spring strength to max.

And this has nothing to do with the autostrut. It only has to do with the suspension settings. Different wheel sizes also have different behaviors.

18 minutes ago, <noname> said:

spring strength set to max, no change.. Bouncing like a beach ball.

Took your configuration (the one with the I-beams) for a spin. It remains stable at a max spring setting of 0.3. Dampers can be left to 1.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.