I Hate Green Sandstone

So. I got a contract to collect some green sandstone from Minmus. They said I could find it on this flat or that.

I landed a rover and drove all over the relevant flat for a couple hours. Nothing.

I then learned that if your save was from before Breaking Ground, there would be none of the new surface features.

So, I edited my save as recommended in some post.

Still, no sandstone.

I deleted my save and started a new save. Eventually, got the same contract – bring home some green sandstone.

Again, an hour or two in a rover in the designated bioms. No sandstone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled KSP. Started a new career. Got the same contract. Green sandstone which can be found on the Flats, Great Flats, or Greater Flats.

I drove all over the Greater Flats. It took hours. No sandstone.

I drove my rover from the Greater Flats to the Flats. Yeah. I drove there. Drove all over the Flats. Nothing.

I decided I would then drive to the Great Flats from there. Fortunately, I found the sandstone in the Lowlands early on my trip to the Great Flats.

All in all, I think I covered about 500km in this last save alone.

Later, in the same save, I decided to make a research outpost on the Mun's Northern Crater. I had no contract to bring anything back.

The Mun's Northern Crater was so littered with surface features, it made rover piloting hazardous.

10 hours ago, ThreeMartiniLaunch said:

So. I got a contract to collect some green sandstone from Minmus. They said I could find it on this flat or that.

I landed a rover and drove all over the relevant flat for a couple hours. Nothing.

I then learned that if your save was from before Breaking Ground, there would be none of the new surface features.

Still, no sandstone.

I deleted my save and started a new save. Eventually, got the same contract – bring home some green sandstone.

I uninstalled and reinstalled KSP. Started a new career. Got the same contract. Green sandstone which can be found on the Flats, Great Flats, or Greater Flats.

I drove my rover from the Greater Flats to the Flats. Yeah. I drove there. Drove all over the Flats. Nothing.

I decided I would then drive to the Great Flats from there. Fortunately, I found the sandstone in the Lowlands early on my trip to the Great Flats.

Later, in the same save, I decided to make a research outpost on the Mun's Northern Crater. I had no contract to bring anything back.

The Mun's Northern Crater was so littered with surface features, it made rover piloting hazardous.

that is sad... and funny

On 6/16/2019 at 2:46 PM, ThreeMartiniLaunch said:

Still, no sandstone.

The moon of Minmus is rare with the sandstone but one thing for sure is I found two on the whole ENTIRE moon. So it takes patience young padawan... *Says the person

(@The Doodling Astronaut) who made three posts about how they can't get a good fuel amount on dres and got triggered about it*

• 2 years later...
On 6/16/2019 at 4:46 PM, ThreeMartiniLaunch said:

Still, no sandstone.

In every game I've played I've found green sandstone to be more prevalent *off* the flats.  Lowlands and Midlands seem to frequently have more of it, or at least that is where I find it first (going through them toward Highlands).  Never trust what the contract says in that regard.  Land on a flat near an edge close to a few other biomes next time.  This kind of "ignore what the game says, just use your secret decoder ring instead" thing drives me nuts also

Edited by darthgently

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.