change to notifications?

katateochi

In the past when you clicked on the notifications icon it would show the new notifications as unfollowed links (ie bold text links). Then if you closed the notifications and re-opened they'd all appear as followed links (non-bold text).  I kinda liked this behaviour. If you have 15 notifications, those 15 would be bold and if you chose to ignore them all, then when you next got say 2 notifications only those 2 would be bold.  That made it easier to see what was new.  

Now all the links in the notifications remain bold unless you actually click on them. I see that this is more semantically correct, but I find it less useful.   Was this an intentional change? anyway to get the old behaviour back?

actually, the current way is more broken than I first thought.

If you have a topic open in another tab (or possibly just if you've recently been to that topic), then new notifications that come for that topic are styled as followed links (not bold). So they look like things you've already seen, which is misleading/confusing.

Can we have the old way back please! 
ie new notifications are shown in bold text when you first open the notifications menu. when you close/reopen the menu (or reload page and reopen the menu) then all notifications are not bold.

I also have issues with sometimes not even getting notifications. For example when @St4rdust made that post about the new gripper parts under the Daily Kerbal section, I didn’t get a notification at all despite having it enabled for any new posts to that sub forum. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.