The Veneium. A KSP saga.

JERONIMO

The Veneium

(Based on one of my missions)

(First story under the code-name Expedition 5)

xLOMrHy.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Even a small group, can succeed in everything, or destroy the world" - Me

CHAPTER LIST (Now):

Short info: Every mission related to Expedition 5 will fall under the code-name Expedition 5.

Warning: this warning is written in comic sans MS.

A little bit bigger info: Even including the fact that the story is about a station, very little will be written about it. (at least the first chapters)

The story (chapter 1):

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 1:

400 days, 3 Kerbanauts, One log, lot's of screams.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Abraham... Abraham..." somebody was saying... "wake up..." i have no idea who is it... "WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!" for a second i thought my heart is going into the Joolsphere.

"Wake up right now! Unless you want all of us to die!" I knew who is it, Marine Kerman, the only personality who i would not recommend to put as a mission chief operator.

"what is happening..." I thought i was on Kerbin.

"You were sleeping for over 400 days and you have no idea what happened?! If not me we all would already crush into a class E asteroid!" Now I remembered what happened.

"So that's what these side-kick was..." I said with on half of sleep. By the way, if you do not understand so far, i'm Abraham Kerman, 9 years of spaceflight experience,13 years of professional torture.

"Side-kick... phff" She said while making a quotation marks sign, which is pretty ironic, due to when she needed to write down the dialogue log, she thought for a second should she write them.

"Good morning everyone." Said Kermanin Kerman, but Everyone calls him Kerman Kerman. He is a prisoner sent to get torture with isolation, we were not allowed to talk with him, but nobody cared. He has an interesting story, he says that he got to prison for blowing up a spaceship and killing 6 Kerbanauts, but the police says he had stolen a Teddy Bear from a local .002 Kerbucks-shop.  Well... how local... over millions of kilometers away.

"So how far we are from the station?" I asked.

"The Veneium? far enough to dodge another 10 E class asteroids Aaabraham." Marine Kerman really likes to longer the "A" in my name... well when i did something wrong of course.

"Do we have more Kerbal-soda? and Koritos? I'm really hungry." said Kerman.

"Sure, but only if you will stop being sooo round." I said. Well, i'll spare the details of what happened next if he wasn't in the lockdown cage... mostly because i want to keep this box log as clear as possible, so if one day Kerblings will die out and a different race will find this box, they had a good impression on us rather than bad. Should i delete the last sentence?

"Alright dialogue log written down, and up." Marine started to laugh on her own joke, which i think was totally unfunny, and THEN i realised it...

"Can you delete the part where i say about Kerman's body you know... shape?" I asked here "nicely".

"Ummm... no! I'm not allowed to change the log details!" Marine was getting serious right here.

"But you already did brake a rule." I said with a small grin on my face.

"Did I?" She looked so surprised and started sliding throughout the mission guidlines.

"I can tell which." I said with a smile. "You are not allowed to talk to Kerman."

"And so you are!" Marine screamed with her full power of her throat.

"I do acknowledge it, but you did it first." I said trying to hide my smile.

"Shut-u---" She got stopped in the middle of here phrase.

"This is the MS speaking, state your status and reports."

"Everything is fine and smooth sir." She said, which you guessed it, a huge lie. Also, remember that part about making a different race think that we are good? yeah... well, scratch it, i'm not going to delete it.

"You are going to enter Duna's sphere of influence in 30 hours, you must stop at the Veneium station, take rest , refuel the interplanetary carrier and move to Laythe."

"Roger that, ove---" "I WANT THE SNACK AND THE DON'T GIVE ME IT!" screamed Kerman, which made Marine put down the radio immediately.

"One more time, ONE MORE TIME YOU ARE GOING TO CUT ME! I'M GOING TO THROW YOU OUT OF THIS SHIP RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW!" I had never heard her screaming so loud, even the scream before looked , or should i say heard, like Gilly near Jool.

"So... back to sleep i guess, if my calculations are correct the capture burn should start 36 hours from now, right?" I said.

"Yes, but you are not going to sleep." Marine said.

"Why so?" I asked kinda surprised.

"I do not want you to make all of us collide with a Class E asteroid again! Aaabraham..." She said it with an angry voice, and then went to sleep.

Well, guess i take control until tomorrow...

Edited by JERONIMO
Chapter list update. x alot

Chapter 2 is released!

"Kids, even a professional can mess up, that's why follow the best plan, not the fastest one" - Me

9tQZNKL.png

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 2:

And... TOUCHDOWN! Hold up... what was the plan again?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up early today... compare to UTC, or KSST, compare to mission time it was late noon. Maybe that's why it was so silent in the ship - if i'm not somewhere, this place is silent. That's the reason why everyone invited me to High school parties. Both group parties with illegal blutonium and keer and Student political parties (yes we had political parties in our school.) 

We were close to arrival, we used double-propulsion nuclear engines for more efficiency, but with a lander roaming around, we were actually holding two objects a mass of 20 tons total.

The "Morning" was like every spaceflight morning, i made awfully uneatable dubious food, while Kerman was finishing the last can of Kerbal-Soda. Maybe finally he will get in shape.

"Good morning, or day, or night Abraham" Said Kerman.

"Good morning Kerman Kerman." He did not really liked when somebody refer to him with his full name or just Kerman.

"How's your day?" I already knew that something happened, but decided to stay calm.

"Fine, how yours?" I asked him, probably i sounded kinda worried, so he asked:
"Good, did something happen?" That's the question I was afraid of... so I lied.

"Nothing...Why?"

"Marine wants to have a talk with you." I knew for sure now that I missed a Major event... but I did not see her around the capsule, or even the lander... weird...

"Sure, where is she?"

"Fixin' that solar board thing." He was not educated well, he did not know that this solar board was called a Solar panel, even though he knew 15 different languages!

"Gotcha, well, going to begin the insertion burn then." I said before starting to proceed.

"She already did it... maybe..." He said unsure. I took on my spacesuit, and went to see her.

"Good morning Marine." I said.

"Good... huh." She was trying to figure out the solar panel wires connection.

"You need help?"

"Can you just start the orbital capture?" She said with an annoyed voice.

"Sure, Aerobraking or engine capture?" I asked "Politely".

"Aerobraking would be more efficient, so go with it." She said before re-entering the capsule, and so I did.

"MS this is AB Kerman speaking, we begin an aerobrake capture around Duna." I said.

"MS speaking, confirmed, but proceed with ca---" and then we lost electricity. No big deal, happened not once. We prepared the engine for a capture, and here where the story begins.

"MS this is Marine Kerman, we begin to enter the atmosphere." No answer... but sure it's just going to happen during the capture.

We were fine, with help of engines we were about to enter a stable orbit...

Scratch it, 3 second after I wrote this phrase, We lost NUC_ENG_001. 

"What happened?" asked Kerman.

"Don't worry guys, it's just one eng---" Bang, here goes the second engine.

"So... is this time to panic?" Kerman asked.

"No panic on my ship!" Marine turned the ship on a strait 180 degrees and started the Aerospike engine. But the strength was not enough.

"Go to the lander!" She said. Me and Kerman rushed to the lander. She searched for the "Undock" button, when she found the button, she clicked on undock the command module and lander, and at the last second she hopped into the lander. We turned the engine on full power, then we deployed the parachutes, but the speeds were too high.

"BRACE FOR IMPAAAA---" She screamed, before our fuel tank turned into a pancake. Light in the capsule turned red, pressure was low, a crack formed in the window. We knew, if we are not going to do something, we are going to be a green-reddish pancake. Luckily, engineers at Edison Co. and ADKT (Anti-dead-Kerbal-Tech) inc. knew that these scenario could happen, so as fast as possible we broke through the glass and clicked "EMERGENCY ENGINES, USE ONLY AT EMERGENCY (and when snack is out)" ,and with the power of 5 spark engines and 13 parachutes, we managed to land this thing, with only sacrificing my hand, which became fully covered in glass. We bounced of the ground a little, well, depends what you mean by little, before coming to a final Lethobrake stop.

"Sweet Kerbal of potato! What was that!" Screamed in fear Kerman. If Kerman screams, then your heart should be pumping more blood than "Koil, Oil extraction and mining procedures" together.

After Marine opened her eyes, she rushed to the radio transmitter and said:

"MISSION CONTROL! MISSION CONTROL! WE NEED HELP! WE STUCK ON DUNA! SEND HELP NOW!" But I knew what happened, the Enirmo Paradox. I'll tell about it tomorrow, today we had too much panic attacks, so in case if I said something wrong or should've get involved, don't blame me! Blame Marine! That was her idea!

Edited by JERONIMO
very smart quote by me added

1 minute ago, Mikenike said:

Dang... The cliff hanger though. I like it... I love it... I want some more of it.

I release after i sleep, somehow I have this, that my ideas come after a short 5 hour night sleep.

i must say thx for this to my mom, she had the same

still, thanks

Chapter 3 is out! Enjoy the lost joy! (if you read the previous chapter or have very interesting humor sense, you will get it)

6smzWMb.jpg

"A farm, is not a teammate, One provides food, other one provides more farms, which provides food." - Me

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 3:

Farmland on Lostland.

Before I begin the story, I want to talk with you about the Enirmo Paradox. If you really don't care, somehow I made an aluminium plate foldable, so you can skip the explanation. Just lets believe that this plate wasn't something important.

Spoiler

Alright, if you are reading this, Enirmo Paradox is a paradox that Enirmo Kerman opened (and strangely, while he was coming home from Duna to Laythe, he and his team died because of his own paradox). Stated the next:

If a mission, like an Expedition died, and no rescue mission was launched, and successfully got the mission back, then the next Expedition that will have a mission involving docking, or landing, with the same name, code-name, or with close objectives in the next 30 years, will have the same fate as the previous one. For example, After loss of the crew of Extractor-5, Enirmo and his crew of Extractor-6 Died by colliding with a class C asteroid which was travelling at escape velocity of the sun. Three days after the crash, Extractor-5 crew was found dead on a Class C asteroid roaming around near Jool. Interesting enough, the Extractor-6 mission was launched 25 years after Extractor-5, and it does fall under the 30 year deadly-span. Also, if the previous Expedition is not dead, the next Expedition will not have any way of transmitting data.

Now, due to this being only a singular situation, and has not been proven manually, the paradox was withdrawn from the scientific community, but yesterday (Duna's time), we proved it correct. Sadly, Mission control do not believe in Enirmo paradox, so guess that's what happened...

After the "successful" landing on Duna. It was dead silence, even after the equally "successful" transmission of Marine's message. We did not talk for the whole day, until tomorrow, when it started to smell bad from Kerman's unclean body.

"I'll go check out what is around us." I said.

"Sure... just use the airlock on mode 3" said Marine, which was an emergency lock-type.

I started to walk on Duna, and first time in my life, I touched sand. See, i lived in Korinograd, which is 900 kilometers away from the beach, and sand was rare, Kerbals who did get sand and sold it in Korinograd, got rich very fast. So fast that the Minister of Finance banned selling sand to Korinograd, which is probably the number one reason the crime rates there are high, and my family moved to Kerbinenko, near the Woomerang launch site.

I looked at the sun, which the nerds call Kerbol, looked around, and it reminded me of a TV-Reality-show Dunival, at which the main characters survive on Duna, but this time we are the characters, not fake actors, whom get paid more than me in my whole lifetime. I thought that probably somewhere there is a Extractor mission, which is now numbers over 400 missions! Yet i have not seen any smoke coming out from the extractor. While I was walking, I was keeping track of my compass. I saw the first Duna rover, Cornmaker, which supposed to bring corn on Duna to terraform it, but terraformation got withdrawn after Oil companies found tons of oil on Duna, maybe it's for the best. Walking another kilometer, I saw the first flag on Duna, maybe we will use it as a small defense from Radiation and newly discovered Ooltraviolet, not Ultraviolate, the difference is that Ooltraviolet only appears after Omega-type radiation hit photons, and easily blocked by atoms which has more then 2 electrons. After a while i saw a capsule with light, and there was the Expedition 3 symbol, i thought that it was funny, because this is the expedition that has been lost for over 5 days ago.

"Hold up... Expedition 3... 5 Days ago..." I said... No, it has nothing related to what happened. Then, I saw the light turn on and off. Thankfully i was on of the Elite 100, which knew Horse Kerman's code,  and I began read the next message: "S.O.S.! W.E H.A.V.E S.N.A.C.K.S ,. J.K.E.R.M.A.N" No way! Expedition 3! Expedition 3 is found! And it's alive! I rushed back to the capsule while recording the coordinates of Expedition 3.

"33 East 11 North." I wrote down while rushing to the capsule, with the max speed that Duna's gravity could possibly allow me. I was so happy! Finally our power will increase! I was so excited and happy that i even disobeyed the law of not using EVA Jetpack on bodies that are size of, or bigger than Duna! I rushed into the capsule forgot to disable the airlock, and said.

"GUYS! I FOUND THEM!" I was saying with a tired, yet happy voice.

"Found who?" Asked Marine.

"YOU KNOW... UM... THEM! THE EXPEDITION!" I said with an exited voice.

"Calm down Abraham, You found what Expedition?" She asked nicely, but I mean actually nicely now.

"THE THIRD ONE!" I could not control my joy.

"The Expedition one? Impossible Abraham, they took off like 3 years ago." She said before she turned and continued to stare at the sun.

"EXPEDITION THREE! NOT ONE!" I said, no... I SCREAMED out.

"You found Expedition three?" She asked, before started to write something down.

"If you say that you found Expedition three, that must mean that the Cornmaker is just 24 East and 5 North... That mean... WE FOUND FOOD!" The last part, her scream knocked me off to the switches, and I pulled on, but that did not matter anymore, the lander capsule was dead.

"AND AT 27 EAST AND 9 NORTH THERE IS AN EXPEDITION ONE'S FARM!" Marine screamed out of happiness .

But she did not see the benefit of community strength, only of self benefits... 

"Yeah... ain't that grea---"

"THAT IS AMAZING ABRAHAM! YOU ARE THE BEST!" She said, got into the space suit, and just before opening the airlock, she looked at Kerman, who was appearing to be looking sad. She came to his cage, took out a screwdriver, and opened the cage. Kerman's eyes expanded out of happiness, He shot out of the cage, and with his hug and tears, or almost drowned Marine, Or almost broke her bones. I took my spacesuit, and got out with Marine. We headed to the coordinates where I saw the lights, and it was harder now, due to the fact that it's started to be night-time. We found the newly places flag, and then, when i prepared to knock nicely on the capsule's door, Marine power punched it open with here leg, and then when we saw something that we were not expecting... something that made me almost cry out of joy...

Edited by JERONIMO

17 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

I like in @JERONIMO, also, can you send me a PM every time an new chapter is released?

Sure, i'm just now making a new one, but I try to make it as smooth as possible. Due to my brother's birthday today, I didn't work today on it. Thank you for the kind words :D

Chapter 4 is released and cleaned from dust!

8cenxie.png

" A wise knowledge of your teammate might help you understand the pain and feelings of his." - Me.

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 4:

Story-time.

... We looked at the two Kerbals playing board games, near them standing half a barrel of pure Duna's petroleum, couple of a little burned titanium plates, and a medkit.

One of them turned to us with fear in his eyes. A second later, his fear turned to unimaginable happiness. He bounced of the broken capsule window to me, he looked as happy as me when I got my Jet chair license, he immediately started to hug me and repeat these words:

"FINALLY! FINALLY!" he was so close to me I could not recognize him. Marine helped me to pull him off, but then i needed to help Marine pull the same Kerbal off her before the second one began doing the same. After 4 times of going back and forth he told me:

"So where is the lander???" His eyes were the definition of happiness. I recognized the Kerbal, Bill Kerman, the most famous Engineer in KSC, and a Kerbal who could build from some metal plates and some burning liquids like Kokda a fully operational Minmus lander. 

"What do you mean...?" I asked unsure.

"What? You know, the lander that will take us out of this Kraken cursed planet!" Now I understood what he meant, he thought that we were an Escape-Roam-Around mission, or an ERA, which is basically like Interstellar rescuers, but for stranded Kerbals and not for Kerbals that are surrounded by fire. I knew that if l tell him that we are also a stranded Expedition he will destroy me in every possible and impossible way. So i just lied... well, this was my most honest lie...

"Ummmm... you see... we have a new policy that now we need to wait for an Ion tug on Low orbit, so it might take a while..." I was scared, no, I was in HORROR that he will understand that this is a lie.

"Weird, but sure. How much on average it takes?" Bill asked politely. I knew that if I say in the next 100 days, he will quickly understand that this is a lie, but if i'll say around 2000 days, he will kill me on the place from anger.

"Look Bill, we are just a stranded Expedition. 10 Kilometers away from you, so we just need an excellent plan to build a rocket and fly out of here." Well thanks Marine, now we are not going to live through this night.

"Hmmm... sure...." Bill said surprisingly calm.

"But we need to find Bob." Said Bill.

"So... how in the Krakens name did you end up on this planet?" Marine asked "SUPER POLITELY".

"Alright, here is how it went" Said Bill

Bill's description of the story:

"So we were in The Veneium station, everything looked fine. Jebediah was flying around. Bob was just doing whatever scientists do. Valentina was actually doing Jebediah's job of keeping the ship stable. I was just putting the valve of the dioxin on the right pressure. Until suddenly, Jebediah crashed into Bob, who was holding a sharp knife. Thankfully, Bob did not cut himself open. Sadly, Bob did cut the tube which was transferring dioxin, which has caused a huge leak of dioxin. Panic has started all over the station, I tried to open the toxic gas and Minmus-Mint storage, so the gas would get there and away from the Soury-Mun snacks. Yet failed to do so, Valentina got to the escape pod and rushed back to Kerbin, leaving me, Bob and Jeb on the station, we had no idea what to do. We hopped into a capsule with an engine and closed the docking nodes as fast as possible. We rushed to pull away from the station, due to the fact that it started to become reddish. After getting away we started to put ourselves on an Ike trajectory, and hoped to land near the living zone of Ike, but for some reason there was Koka-soda all over the control panel, and the system messed up the retrograde and  prograde, so, on our last fuel, we got straight to Duna's surface. Barely slowing down ourselves with the EEE (emergency escape engines), we made it. Yes, we did indeed landed and lost the heat shield, but we found an Extractor-10's half of a petroleum barrel!" Said Bill, or maybe that was at least what he told us...

"So... where is the third one?" Asked Marine.

"Bob? he went to search for resources while i was making a weather station and Jeb making delicious food, but after a very strong dust storm we have never found him..." "HE IS PROBABLY JUST SOUTH WEST OF US!" Screamed out Jebediah almost trying not to break out crying.

"I see... so what do you think about starting a search expedition?" Said Marine.

"Hmmm... Why not, but tomorrow." said Bill.

"Sure, see ya tomorrow!" I said.

"See ya! Meet us tomorrow at 12 noon near the Cornmaker by Duna's Eastern time!" Screamed back Bill.

"Great, how we are going to know the time? We don't have a clock." I said to Marine.

"Calm down, we just need to understand the sun's moving to time ratio, and that's it." Said Marine. Well today was a busy day, so i'm going to get myself a snack (if Kerman haven't finished all of them) and go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. 

Chapter 5 is to go!

E9MIwc6.png

"Would you rather a horrible house on your favorite place, or a perfect house on your least favorite place?" - Me (while under-sleeping)

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 5:

The Palace out of "waste".

Waking up today at somewhere what looked like 10 AM, all of our crew decided to go to the Cornmaker, because it will take an hour. I took mostly Oxygen masks, Marine took water containers and Kerman took well, surprise... snacks. We did not see most, if not all of our way, why? There was lots of dust in the air, and clouds. After making some stops to refile water for temperature control, we got there, Bill and Jebediah were waiting, and once we got there, Bill asked:

"So... where are we going to search?".

"Well, i think we should start somewhere south west of here." I said.

"Makes sense..." said Bill, before we all were following my compass south west. The roads were filled with interesting thing, an Extractor-30 petroleum extractor, which had no petroleum in it, which made me ask, was there life on Duna? Some scientific equipment, which was full of dust. Someone's Duna-20 EVA spacesuit, which was interesting and terrifying at the same time. After a while we saw an interesting structure, it did not look like any structure on Duna. It's looked like the habitation module of Eve colonists, but unlike Eve's, it was made out of aluminium, not titanium... we decided to go to the structure. When we got close, we heard sounds. We couldn't recognize most of the sounds, but we did know that one of these sounds is of a working electric motor... we decided to knock on the what-looked-like a door. After we knocked on the door, we heard some groans, we waited, for a long time... what looked like an hour later, we decided that he is not here, but to be sure, we knocked on the door again. After five whole minutes, when we finally were about to leave, we saw a metal tube moving... We came back and started to watch. We heard airlock sounds sucking the air out of the lock, more metal tubes moving, and then, like in every movie, dust moved out, and himself, Bob Kerman was standing. Jebediah jumped on-to Bob, but Bob dodged him and Jebediah crashed into the what looked like a steel-carbon reinforced airlock. Bob started to rush back to the habitation module, but Jebediahs held the door. Bob probably though that we are space pirates, for those who don't know, space pirates capture a ship, or if a big collection a station or a small colony, and steal everything. I screamed out:

"HOLD UP BOB! WE NEED YOUR HELP!" I screamed probably with so much power that it knocked from the feet half of  my crew.

"If you just want my Kbox... take it! Just leave me alone!" Bob said with half scream and half being scared. For our intelligent friends (By the way, hello from Kerbin and Laythe). A Kbox is a gaming console, or basically, we just entertain ourselves by watching pixels/dots move.

"Hold up... you have a Kbox?" Marine asked.

"Yes... here... i'll personally bring it to you! Just don't hurt me!" Bob said with fear.

"Bob! We are here not to rob you, we just need you to help everyone escape." I said.

"Oh... then come in, you'll find here everything, from RTG re-heaters to potato farms." He said. Surprisingly, if he wanted, he could be settled for life on Duna, if of course it would be legal. He had everything, from a light-bulb to an electric emergency motor. He even had an artificial snack creator (ASC)! When Kerman saw the ASC, he rushed to the snack generator and started to make his favorite Kerbal-Soda and Dunitos. I saw a 8K pixel TV, tons of offline single-multiplayer games, tons of Konster energy drinks, and surprisingly PK4.5, Kbox and a very powerful KC (Kerbal Computer)! If i could i would play all these games and forget about that escape from Duna plan. Marine was searching for any network transmitter, Jebediah was searching for medicine from his hurting head. I was standing and looking around, but Bill did not look happy about all of this, he was looking like disappointed by all of this. I asked him what's wrong, but he just said that if he found this, he would bring his whole squad here, not only himself. He did have a point, but just think, you find a place in which you can literally live in this place! For almost free! Why would you want to share this palace (even though made out of literally waste metals) with other? After a while we all got really tired, Bob said that he has some spare beds if we want to stay here. Sure we want! It's not cold like in the capsule, and you actually can stretch your legs! We all agreed, but Bill, he said that he goes to back to the capsule. Jebediah tried to keep him here:

"There is a broken window, what if a dust storm will happen tonight?" He said. Actually I think he tried to keep him because he wanted a story before he goes to bed. And yes, i did guessed it, he asked for the 4 Pigs Story. Marine just moved away from us to the other side of the room, probably because she thought we are being childish, or maybe because Kerman hadn't cleaned his body for almost 4 days. Or maybe because the story is a little terrifying.

Whatever it is, i'll write tomorrow.

New chapter is out!

UzVZMZI.jpg

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."Issac Newton

Spoiler

The Veneium

Chapter 6:

Drills, fights, and dangerous cold.

Today was -200 degrees Celsius outside, which is the lowest temperature possible on Duna. The climate control could not handle the low temperature, so now we are not sitting at 20 Celsius inside, but sitting in -2 Celsius. It was so cold that when Jeb was cooking breakfast, everyone was standing... No, fighting around Jeb so they could stand near the fire from the stove. Everyone except me, I was a weak fighter, and so my physical strength. When Jeb announced that breakfast ready, everyone jumped around the table, in seconds food disappeared from the plate, and everyone was leaning on the plate to get heat. After we finished out last gas can that provided heat, everyone brought oil and started to burn it. Everyone except me and Bill. You see, i'm kinda think about the consequences before doing something, and Bill already got a scratch and always was somewhere in the workshop. Bill did not allow to enter there, well... everyone except me, the reason behind this is as he says: 

"You are to calm to break something." I guess he is right, but he wasn't doing much there but watching movies. Yet today I actually heard him working in the workshop. As a civilized personality I knocked on the door, and he opened it to me.

"So, what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Nothing special, you?" He said.

"Just wondering, what these sounds were."

"Good, alright i'll show it to you." Bill said before taking my hand and bringing me to a huge black cover, which was covered with dust, and snacks.

"Here, this is the rover." Bill Said.

"Cool, so what it does?" I asked him.

"It can give you a ride, and drill for materials!" He said.

"Cool, but why we need it?" I asked him.

"You remember the plan to escape Duna on a rocket engine? Yeah this beauty can pump oil, gold, titanium at a rate of 50 kilograms per day!" He was saying loudly.

"And with the materials you are going to build a rocket." I said to Bill.

"Yep! And then we are going back to a warm, nice planet Kerbin, or if they are Interstellar rescue missions, probably to Laythe." He said like this plan was his, and i'll remind that Marine actually thought about it.

"Great! Then launch it!" I said happily.

"Um... you see like a rover need warmer temperature, and to drive it from here to an ore cave, we need an antenna, and we don't have it, so yeah... I'll need a pilot..." He said kinda sad.

"Well, Jeb can operate it." I said.

"Did you just say crush a rover in 5 seconds? No, you'll be the driver." He said.

"Me! It's cold outside! Do you know what temperatures they are right no---" then Bill cut my phrase and said "Sure, but you have a spacesuit." He said.

"Hey... that a great idea!" I said. 

"Alright! Get it on, if what bad happened, raise the red flag, raise the blue one if you ran out of snacks." He said, before going on-to a control panel and raising the garage door. Alright, here goes the fate of the whole mission. I started to drive, it was faster than I thought, but not too fast. Then I started to search for something that remotely looked like an oil leak or gold ore. After five minutes of riding, I found some titanium, and started to mine it. A couple of minutes went by before I started to see some red flashlight. I though that the drill is overheating or the rover is to cold, so I aborted the mining after 10 minutes.

When returned back  Bill told me that I did a nice job. While my crew was freezing to death, I decided that i'll keep the spacesuit on myself for comfort. The problem is that I really wanted to help them with getting spacesuits, but on the other hand, I wanted to get revenge on Marine for eating MY last koreo from MY lunch-box... when we were in school. Soon I think Bob realized that I'm sitting with a spacesuit with a reason. So he got his spacesuit and gave everyone else spacesuits. Well, before i'm going to get beaten up for being such annoying and not helping anyone and whatever, i'm just going to say that stage one for getting from Duna is complete. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to run from everyone as fast as possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.