SPH Level 2 and the #autoloc Action Groups

So... FIrst things first: I have no idea where this should go.  Why?  I have no idea what #autoloc is and what it means and if it pertains to a subcategory in the forums.  I just started a Career game yesterday and had just gotten to SPH level 2, so basic action groups were available.  This was everything except the custom ones, of course, as well as all the flight input stuff under the #autoloc action groups.

I wanted to set an action group to Action01, but that was not available, because it was only SPH Level 2.  Despite this, I got curious and clicked on the Action01 in the #autoloc heading.  No part actions were available, but it did unlock the custom action groups that were not under the #autoloc heading.  The action group functioned properly in flight, but I feel like I cheated the system.  So, if anyone reads this who has a Career save, congrats.  You just got action groups on your Level 2 SPH and VAB.

Also, I wouldn't mind if anyone could explain what #autoloc means.

It's not really cheating the system as you can enable all action groups all the time in the difficulty settings anyway.

Although I've thought it's hilarious how autoloc keeps showing up.  I've seen it on the Engine Plate node switched in 1.7.2.2556.

autoloc is a localization thing.  It's a pointer to a reference file so that everything in the game can be displayed in multiple languages without needing multiple versions of the game.  You just use the localization file for your language.

3 minutes ago, GKSP said:

So... FIrst things first: I have no idea where this should go. 

Technical support modded/unmodded, depending on your setup ;)

4 minutes ago, GKSP said:

the #autoloc heading.

That's a bug of KSP 1.7.1 and without Breaking Ground installed but it got fixed in KSP 1.7.2.

4 minutes ago, GKSP said:

#autoLOC is the "placeholder" for the localization feature. Basically every text, description, etc... got one of these placeholders and the actual text is located in localization dictionary. That's an easy way to translate the game into other languages :)

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

It's not really cheating the system as you can enable all action groups all the time in the difficulty settings anyway.

Yep. Doing it all the time myself. But I also enable part purchases -makes me feel less "guilty" this way :P 

6 hours ago, GKSP said:

As has already been mentioned, this is a bug - there's some localization data missing somewhere. Even if you're on 1.7.2, do a full reinstall from the store, or verify the game files through steam - it's caused by a dodgy download, so that should fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.