FXModuleLookAtConstraint model issues

I'm having an issue where the constraint doesn't seem to choose an "up" axis until the part is moved around in some way, which is a problem, since the mesh this is relying on has a specific orientation. What ends up happening is that the mesh ends up starting sideways, until the part it's looking at is moved, then it seems that the node I have it parented to chooses the direction the Y-axis is pointed once rotated out of its starting position.

I need a workaround for this. This whole complicated setup is pretty much a proportional reduction system for linking pieces to a gimbaling piece, but needs a proportionally less range of rotation.

... I would also not like my hours of trigonometry to go to waste, figuring out the proper lengths for this lever system I created...

Prior to deciding to do this lever-link system, I had a hacky solution using separate gimbals, which worked, but adds more gimbal toggles and sliders, which isn't really a good thing. 

Why couldn't it just be simple after all this work...

EDIT

Issue seems to be solved. Issue seemingly related due to mesh geometry axis orientation itself, not rotation of any of the "nodes" in the linkage.

Problem not solved.

EDIT

Okay, the workaround I did was to offset the "initial" starting position by offsetting the "look" node so that the "follow" node will be rotated at a non-zero value at the engine gimbal's neutral zero position, which "assigns" the "follow" node its up vector. The "look" node is positioned such that the "follow" node will never reach and cross a zero rotation value, ensuring that the "follow" node's up axis does not flip.

Edited by Box of Stardust

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.