allow controllers to mix multiple input sources

so im using controllers to take a couple k1s, facing in opposite directions, and with a single action axis,  i can control both with a single axis. now lets say i put a second pair of engines further down the ship with a similar controller setup. i add another controller to let me throttle those engine pairs either together, for example in a translate configuration. then another controller, that throttles opposing pairs for rotation. now i want to take one of those controllers, bind it the the pitch axis, and the other the translation axis. of course both of these controllers ultimately control the same controllers which in turn control the same engines throttle limiters. the game will allow either the rotation or the translation controls to work but not both. one controller seems to take over and the other is ignored. how about instead have the controllers average their curves when controlled from multiple sources? 

Stuff like that is a really great idea.

I have always wished that one could use matrices for the controller inputs to the outputs and have that in some kind of general purpose format.  Its not difficult and ppl dont need to know matrix math if the homogenous coordinate is hidden and it can be unhidden for transforrm(fixed value offsets) for those who know what they are doing.

I really dislike and in fact do not use mods that alter stock gameplay but its definitely something well suited to being a mod.

thinking about the maths made me realize you probably wouldn't even need to transform the curves at all. everything that comes into or out of a controller is ultimately a percentage, or rather a 0..1 value (a peronage?). a simple 1d average operation would be enough. game would just need to figure out if a thing is being controlled by more than one thing, and then average those out to determine the final value. as it stands the behavior is rather undefined. in the situation where you have two things trying to control one, one will work and the other wont. that could lead to some support issues down the line.

as a mod you would probably have a module that has 2 or more inputs and an averaged output that can be used as a go between. though i think it would be better if this behavior is built in. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.