fulgur

Rotation Servo M-25 fails to move

nuaUKVz.png

Note the discrepancy between Target Angle and Current Angle. It has been like this for a while now. This is stock (both DLCs) and the output log accessed from [ALT] + [F12] shows nothing.

(The ship has the working title of the Kenlinstar Awesum if you were wondering)

Or did you use autostruts onto or across the servos?

(Autostruts to "grantparent" that don't touch or go across a moving part seem to work fine for me.)

I have a similar problem with hinges not moving when they should.  Autostruts turned off on all parts.

z33p1kbap5g31.png

On 6/23/2019 at 1:46 PM, AHHans said:

Or did you use autostruts onto or across the servos?

FYI: The autostruts issue should be solved in the latest version (KSP 1.7.3, BG 1.2). When a robotic part is not locked, then the struts stop at the part (and the part can still move), but when the part is locked then the autostruts can traverse the robotic part (like it was a normal, non-robotic part).

If it doesn't work for you that way, then you may need to let SQUAD know about that.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:45 AM, AHHans said:

FYI: The autostruts issue should be solved in the latest version (KSP 1.7.3, BG 1.2). When a robotic part is not locked, then the struts stop at the part (and the part can still move), but when the part is locked then the autostruts can traverse the robotic part (like it was a normal, non-robotic part).

If it doesn't work for you that way, then you may need to let SQUAD know about that.

Yea I am still having trouble with it...even going vanilla...I thought this was how you let SQUAD know

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, traisjames said:

Yea I am still having trouble with it...even going vanilla...I thought this was how you let SQUAD know

A) Not good... :(

B) Well, adding a posting to a thread that was started before a major patch of the issue is less likely to be noticed than either a new topic, or - even better - a new issue on the bugtracker. It would help even more if you could supply a craft that reliably shows this problem.

Edit: You can find the bugtracker here: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Edited by AHHans

17 hours ago, AHHans said:

A) Not good... :(

B) Well, adding a posting to a thread that was started before a major patch of the issue is less likely to be noticed than either a new topic, or - even better - a new issue on the bugtracker. It would help even more if you could supply a craft that reliably shows this problem.

Edit: You can find the bugtracker here: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Ok, posted a bug at https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23492.  There are two craft that reliably show the problem...especially the first one.

15 hours ago, traisjames said:

Ok, posted a bug at https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/23492.  There are two craft that reliably show the problem...especially the first one.

. o O (Not the most streamlined crafts to show that issue, but fine.)

O.K. I spend the odd hour trying to figure out when the damn things freeze up and when they do not. The short answer seems to be that if there is no autostrut set on a robotic part then it also doesn't freeze up. I.e. if you only set autostruts on non-robotic parts, then you should be fine. (Which explains why I haven't encountered this bug earlier.) When you do set an autostrut on a robotic part then there is a chance that it freezes up:

• if there is another not-locked robotic part between it and the root part of the vessel, then it will freeze up.
  • if there is no non-locked robotic part between it and the root part of the vessel, and the autostrut goes in the direction of the root part, then it will not freeze up
  • if there is no non-locked robotic part between it and the root part of the vessel, but the autostrut goes to a "heaviest part" on the "other" (non-root) side, then it will freeze up

That last part can get really complicated, because the decision which part is actually the "heaviest part" gets more complicated than I want to explain here...

i’m seeing this too; working to try and use servos to rotate jets to make a VTOL SSTO. They either spontaneously disassembly immediately on loading, or the servos won’t turn (or, my favorite, one of the servos won’t turn). Super frustrating.