KSP Loading... Preview: KAL 1000 Improvements

St4rdust

awesome ! I

want to apologize for the difficult comment sometimes. when I find problem or other.

sorry because you work a lot and i see it. You really listen to the community!

it's really cool ! His merit a kerbalauward! The progress of this game is huge and kerbality can be proud of the team squad.

it's really a pleasure for me to play this game and this pleasure grew with the game.

where is your limit?

you will surely see me moan here again some years !!

thanks for everything your listening, your patience and your passion @SQUAD!

Edited by jojo5144

Been waiting for these to dig into it. Really digging the after-sales support for this one. If you have time I'd love to see a pass on the MH mission editor that lets us use it in a normal save from the VAB/SPH, so we can set up repeatable testing scenarios with defined goals and start locations when doing extensive fiddling on complex craft in career or sandbox. I think it could be far more useful as a "computer simulation" tool (even toggleable as a difficulty setting in career) than its current functional but conceptually limited role as a challenge map sharing device.

Ooooh, copy/paste! Speed editor! Other things!

I’ve only dabbled in the KAL-1000 since the release, with mixed results, but I think it’s time I really dug in to using it for robotic contraptions.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Oooh nice. Copy-paste sounds especially good -- so, if I get this correctly, you can program one KAL, assign the same number of devices to another, then copy-paste the track values from the first to the second? If so that's going to make complex projects much less of a chore.

Edit: First of all thank you for the KAL update, it rocks :D its again awesome you listen and adapt to our ''demands'' so fast :P

Well i mean it is a truly great update but i believe most players just dont really place it up there in the top.Robotics can be really fun and for sure its a major update

but i also think that it satisfies truly only the streamers,youtubers and a small community that builds crazy awesome stuff(and ofcourse the people that watch all this content).

For the rest of the playerbase i think its ''just'' a very good update.

Edited by Boyster

20 hours ago, Enceos said:

How does sequence resize mode translate to seconds in this version?

The button has two states - In "scale" mode the position of the points along the sequence is maintained relative to the whole sequence, in "maintain" mode their time position is kept and extra time is added at the end (or cut off if shrinking)

For a real world example lets say we have a sequence that is 5 secs long and a points at 0, 2 and 5 secs, and we change the length to 10 secs. In Scale mode the points new time values will be 0, 4 and 10 secs and the sequence takes twice as long (as per KAL does today). In Maintain mode the points will be 0, 2, 5 (the original 3) and a new point at 10 secs to complete the sequence.

If you shorten teh sequence in maintain mode the points at the end get clamped inside the time period and not deleted

Hopefully that explains it OK

is it possible to link a joystick axis to the speed, so that it could (for example) run forward/backward on a joystick axis (i.e walk forward/backward)

It would also be cool to be able to duplicate controls so for example have 2x sequences one left side and 1 right side and either run them separately to allow tanks style steering. or even better mix 2 axis to control them.

Edited by bunjatec

12 hours ago, bunjatec said:

is it possible to link a joystick axis to the speed, so that it could (for example) run forward/backward on a joystick axis (i.e walk forward/backward)

It would also be cool to be able to duplicate controls so for example have 2x sequences one left side and 1 right side and either run them separately to allow tanks style steering. or even better mix 2 axis to control them.

You can link an axis to the speed, but what your describing sounds like linking an axis to the playposition which is in the released version and it can play forwards/backwards based on the joystick postion

You can do the same part in multiple KALs and play them independently yes. Currently the "last" one will win any setting

Any chance the default bezier could be set to straight? Right now it always defaults to curves, which can make for some very wonky settings and I spend a lot of time resetting them. And every time I make a change, it seems to default back to curves.

Edited by Klapaucius

On 6/26/2019 at 12:27 AM, TriggerAu said:

You can link an axis to the speed, but what your describing sounds like linking an axis to the playposition which is in the released version and it can play forwards/backwards based on the joystick postion

You can do the same part in multiple KALs and play them independently yes. Currently the "last" one will win any setting

Hi

I was talking about speed rather than position but if it does that already then this is great.. 

The second thing was bout copying sequences so for example I could replicate a set of sequences from one side of a walker to the other and control the speed of each independently so effectively I could tank steer with a pair of analogue inputs, one for each side. <edit> Just noticed that you can copy/paste points, if this works between controllers then I think we have a solution..</ edit>

does that make sense?

Edited by bunjatec

6 minutes ago, Gergorik said:

Is it possible to connect 0° and 360° to have the curve wrap around if your using servos and make a full turn?

You can do that now. 360 = 0 as far as degrees are concerned, so just put the controller on loop and it will rotate forever.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.