Best mods for simulating real values?

I’d like to get a mod that makes the planets realistic in terms of DV requirements and for the engines to have the same values as real engines etc... it doesn’t need to be flashy graphics (I play on a potato laptop so the easier to run the better! I’m just looking for real world values and planets)

Also! I’ve been playing stock lately so I kinda want to stay away from runaway mod creep! :( I’d like to use the least mods possible to achieve the effect. 

Also with the DLCs coming out pretty regular now, compatibility is a big concern for me. So actively managed mods that are updated would be best!

So tldr, my QUESTION is:

-What mods would people recommend to achieve this kind of thing?

(this is what I’m looking at so far,

anyone have any advice about using Realism Overhaul?)

Edited by Guest

Combined with Realism overhaul people often use RSS. This is the mod that changes planets to real sizes and densities. 

People also use principia that substitutes patch conics with real newtonian trajectories taking into account tidal forces, different bodies within their combined sphere (no more SOI's)

As for realism overhaul, what it exactly does is described detailed at the release page you shared. So go and look there. Most notably it adds a collection of real engine types and the mod page suggests certain mod packs that work well with realism overhaul. It has a few dependencies that make the realism overhaul pack whole. Namely real fuel so the newly added engines don't use LF/O but RP1 or LH2O instead.

Bah... too many mods. All at different levels of compatibility and none of the important ones compatible with Breaking Ground. T_T

Back to stock I go >_<

(a lot of the stuff don’t want to work with Breaking Ground apparently)

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Dale Christopher said:

I'm installing it now.... the dependencies are like a tonnnnn of mods -_-

well ya gotta do what ya gotta do i guess T_T

You don't need to install them manually. You can download and use CKAN.

Also the actual dependencies for realism overhaul are smokescreen, real fuel, real heat, real chutes and advanced jet engines . The mod page was written for back in year (what?) Kerbal joint reinforcement is substituted with the in game autostruts system since then. But KJR can still be used optionally and is easier to use by all means. Ferram aerospace is also optional since we now have real atmospheres.
All the other mods listed are optional in any case. You better discard holding on to it and find a collection of part packs that simulate the type of space plane you want that the list shows. Not all of them are up to date and many others work excellent in RSS also like near future mods and KSPIE.
Also read mod early and last pages to see if people report using it in RSS for your particular version.

Edited by Aeroboi

On 6/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, Nightside said:

Take a look at SMURFF + Sigma Dimensions + Rescale (10x)

Ooo SMURFF looks interesting, I’ll give it a try!

25 minutes ago, Dale Christopher said:

Ooo SMURFF looks interesting, I’ll give it a try!

SMURFF an incredible mod. But it is just the 1st step, it solves the problem of pods, engine and tanks having way too much dry mass. But now your rockets are even more overpowered for the tiny (1/10th scale) Kerbin System.

Step 2 is either Real Solar System (RSS) or 10x Rescale so your rockets have real dV requirements.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.