Need somebody with some photo effects knowledge

KAO

I'm not sure exactly which effects you're speaking of, but I celebrate my "inner-Nerd" with Paint.net when I create liveries for my airline in my online airline management sim. It's a free program and you can make some pretty cool stuff with it. I'm sure I only use a fraction of its potential. Excuse me while I provide examples of my Nerdiness: :D

uVtgK.png

8E2mA.png?1

p7Bdc.png

z7qhy.png

and my "throwback" retro livery...

jpf1T.png

In Gimp you can go to Filters -> Noise -> RGB Noise... Play around a bit with the settings.

Then go to Colors -> Desaturate.

That's it.

In PaintNET:

Effects -> Noise

Adjustments -> Black and White

If you have Lightroom, you can add some nice grain in the Effects section of Develop

If you want to add those lines where the film was damaged (scratched or bent) you'll have to draw those lines (or get them someplace) and layer them over the image, then adjust the opacity to suit your taste.

KingAirDriver, I love the black and white livery.

Edited by Shpaget

It's a bit more involved than what you mentioned in Paint.NET, there's also some nice effects you can download that really add an old grain effect for Paint.NET

It's very possible, but more than just slapping some noise on it

I've decided to go with GIMP

does anybody here know by any chance how to apply a set of effects to an entire gif? or more specifically apply the same set of effects to every layer/frame in a gif

If you're talking about an animation, I think that depending how you do it, you might wind up with the same grain pattern, etc., on each frame. I'm not sure, though. I'd say if it's short enough and you have enough patience, do it frame by frame.

but the whole point is to not do it frame by frame

I could come up with a ridiculously detailed 117 frame gif.

that's an excellent example when you don't want to apply effects frame by frame

I'll try asking on the gimp forums

no I'm trying to MAKE a gif

well, kinda, I merely imported an already created gif into gimp, I just want to add filters and such

gimp just breaks gifs down into separate layers(frames)

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.