Table of Contents

Orbital Negligence Volume 1: The DSA (Demon Space Agency)

img%5D

Orbital Negligence Volume 2: SRAS Beginnings (StarRunnerAeroSpace)

img%5D

Orbital Negligence Volume 3: SRAS Continuum (StarRunnerAeroSpace)

img%5D

SRAS Continuum 1: Fast Track

SRAS Continuum 2: Mistakes

SRAS Continuum 3: Jool Odyssey

SRAS Continuum 4: Deliveries

SRAS Continuum 5: DSA Crew

SRAS Continuum 6: E.L.E.

Links to Wattpad versions. (more book like, no comments)

Orbital Negligence
https://www.wattpad.com/748919266-demon-space-agency-a-play-through-of-kerbal-space

How this started:

Spoiler

Demon: Now that I understand how to play this game... I'm thinking of restarting on career mode... any thoughts on goals?

The Master: How about setting up a fully functional mining colony on Duna? And then how about landing a Kerbal on every single celestial body?

Demon: Ooooo.... I'm glad I asked.

img%5D

Made My own flag!!!

The Master: I love it! You're really getting into this.

Demon: I am considering making a document of the missions. We'll see.

The Master: Post it on the KSP forums

Demon: Oh? I didn't think of that. That would be on Reddit right?

[The Master then Posted a link to this forum and I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to post a picture... Yeah I suck.]

Edited by demon_313
New Chapter Link Added

Just to let you know, in order for ease of reading you should really reply to your initial thread with the updates, like the other reporters do. The moderators can fix your mistake but please don't do it again.

In order to let you know I'm not being critical because I'm evil, I am giving you rep and a nice emoticon.:)

Demon Space Agency 1: Null to Suborbital

img%5D

This is Bob. (Say Hi Bob). Bob is our head Scientist here at the Demon Space Agency. Today Bob is setting a baseline control for our Mystery Goo experiment. We are also testing the experiment’s mountings to the command pod.

img%5D

Today's Test is a little more complicated. Today Bob is strapped to the RT-5 "Flea" Solid Rocket Booster. This is Bob's first flight. All instruments are working properly and the flight angle was appropriate to land in the ocean where more readings can be taken.

img%5D

Ah. There’s the Parachute. The MK-16 Parachute should slow the craft down to about 6 to 7 m/s. Well done Bob. Bob will take a few additional readings before he is retrieved.

img%5D

Today we are attempting to test some component parts from our suppliers. The Mk2-R Radial Mount Parachutes and the 1.25 Meter heat shield. Unfortunately we were unable to achieve the proper altitude and speed required to test the parachute, that is to say... we over shot our target goals by a considerable margin. The Shielding test however was a success and Bob, as thorough as always, also managed to get some other readings. Great Job Bob!

img%5D

Lately we've been doing a lot of tests for our suppliers. It's good money, but not really in the spirit of the DSA. Today Bob is reaching for the stars. Well at least the edge of Kerbin to take some readings.

img%5D

Unfortunately we had to abort. Someone set the main booster to 50% thrust. Interestingly we almost maintained a hover with a solid fuel rocket booster. Something to be looked into at a later date.

img%5D

Congratulations Bob! You are the first Kerbal in actual Space. Now Prepare to test re-entry.

img%5D

Reporter: How does it feel to be the first Kerbal in Space Bob?

Bob: Really awesome. And a little underwhelming really.

Reporter: How was re-entry?

Bob: Hot. A little sweaty. And a little bumpy. Like a good Chili-dog.

Reporter: Like... A Chili-dog?

Bob: Yes. Definitely a Chili-dog.

2: Maiden Voyage of the TB Succubus mk 1

img%5D

Today is an exciting day for us at the DSA. The TB Succubus mk 1 will be the first rocket launched from our newly remodeled launch pad. Today's test will focus on the safety of this new suborbital tour bus. We now go to the DSA's top pilot in the command module.

Reporter: "Jebediah? Can you hear me?"

Jeb: <Crackle, shhhhh, click> "OK." <Crackle, shhhhh, click>

Reporter: "How are you feeling today sir?"

Jeb: <Crackle, shhhhh, click> "OK" <Crackle, shhhhh, click>

Rporter: "Could you tell us any specifics about today's launch."

Jeb: <Crackle, shhhhh, click> "OK" <Crackle, shhhhh, click>

Reporter: …

Reporter: "Umm ok... We now go to the head of the DSA. Sir. Could you tell us how the TB Succubus mk 1 obtained its name?"

Head of the DSA: "Mmmhhmmm. TB Succubus mk 1 is short for Tour Bus Succubus mark 1. Mmmhhmmm. Called it the succubus class because she flies, on reentry she's hot as hell, and many people will be riding her all the way up and then back down. Mmmhhmm."

Reporter: "Oh... Ok... We now go to the launch window."

img%5D

Ah! And here we have the second stage. The LV-T45 "Swivel" Liquid Fuel Engine should have plenty of thrust to continue the Tour Bus’s ascent to the very edge of Kerbin.

img%5D

In an attempt to make certain large components reusable, Mk2-R Radial Mount Parachutes were slapped onto the solid fuel boosters. We honestly didn't expect this first test to fair so well, but heres to the engineers at the DSA.

img%5D

And there she is. The TB Succubus mk 1 in all her sensual glory outside Kerbin's atmosphere. If she makes it safely back to Kerbin then she'll be approved for paying customers to ride her all night long. Errrmmmm. You know what I meant.

img%5D

Reporter: "Jebediah? How was it to pilot the TB Succubus mk 1 on her rather successful maiden voyage?"

Jeb: <Thumbs Up>  "OK"

Reporter: "Anything you would like to say about the DSA's plans for its space tourism initiative?"

Jeb: "Ok"

Reporter: "Ok?"

Jeb: "Oookaayyy" <Is suddenly wearing sunglasses>

Edited by demon_313

55 minutes ago, fulgur said:

Just to let you know, in order for ease of reading you should really reply to your initial thread with the updates, like the other reporters do. The moderators can fix your mistake but please don't do it again.

In order to let you know I'm not being critical because I'm evil, I am giving you rep and a nice emoticon.:)

Thank you for the advice... I freely admit that I have no idea what I am doing... How do I delete this Thread?

It's impossible, sorry. But you can link moderators such as Snark or Vanamode by putting the @ sign in front of a username, like this: @demon_313. Also, I reported your post to the moderators a message along the lines of "Please can you merge overlapping threads."

3: Incubus Thrust

img%5D

Reporter: We're here today on the launch pad of the DSA. Behind us is a new rocket system. We are joined by the DSA's head engineer. Bill how are you today?

Bill: I'm doing amazing today. Thank you.

Reporter: Can you tell us about the rocket behind us?

Bill: I'd love to. You see. Val came to me the other day and asked how we planned to sort all the crafts that we have been designing, in that moment it suddenly hit me, we should have separate classifications each main vehicle depending on their purpose.

Reporter: So the behind us is no longer the TB Succubus mk 1?

Bill: That’s right. Behind us is the recently rebranded Succ-U-Bus A mk 1 riding on the In-Cu-Bus mk 1. The A in Succ-U-Bus A mk 1 means that the craft carries 2 passengers. 4 passengers would be a B, 6 is C, 8 is D.

Reporter: Wait? Aren’t those bra sizes?

Bill: <Shrugs> Maybe.

Reporter: Ok i’m a little afraid to ask, but why, In-Cu-Bus?

Bill: Oh that’s easy. The In-Cu-Bus is a strong, manly thing whose sole purpose is the thrust its load into the virgin unmolested reaches of the heavens.

Reporter: ...

Reporter: You do realize that children are watching this yes?

Bill: Oh I hope so. Launching Rockets is Awesome!

img%5D

Reporter: Other Than naming conventions, is there anything unique about this particular launch?

Bill: Oh sure. If you look closely, you can actually see the craft turning to the east. Our calculators seem to think that this will make it easier to achieve orbit.

Reporter: Orbit.

Bill: Yup. Not on this run, but we hope to get close.

img%5D

Bill: At about 50 kilometers. The Succ-U-Bus A mk 1 should be flying nearly horizontal to Kerbin.

Reporter: Really? Is that safe?

Bill: <Shrugs> I don’t know.

img%5D

Reporter: Well folks. We’ve just received word that the Craft has landed safely on the other side of the ocean. Orbit maybe not. A faster way to get to Kerope, Maybe.

Why is there a decoupler between the Mk1 pod and the crew cabin? (Once you play KSP for a while, you get really paranoid about weight :)).

Edited by fulgur
2.2C

17 hours ago, fulgur said:

Why is there a decoupler between the Mk1 pod and the crew cabin? (Once you play KSP for a while, you get really paranoid about weight :)).

Well... That is there if things go terribly wrong during reentry. 1 survivor is better than no survivors.

DSA 4: First Orbit

img%5D

Today is an exciting day in Kerbal history. Jebediah Kerman, is piloting the Creeper mk 1 module riding atop the In-Cu-Bus mk 2 launch system. Today the DSA is shooting for the first ever full orbit around Kerbin.

img%5D

Our calculators tell us that a craft in orbit isn’t actually flying. The craft is technically falling toward Kerbin and simply missing. The calculators are calling this “Free Fall”. Clearly the calculators are insane. You can’t fall towards Kerbin and miss. That just doesn’t make sense.

img%5D

Congratulations Jeb on being the first Kerbal to achieve a stable orbit.

img%5D

Reporter: Congrats on being the first Kerbal to achieve orbit! How does it feel?

Jeb: <Gives a thumbs up> OKay.

Reporter: There seems to be some debate as to whether you were flying or falling. Would you like to comment on that?

Jeb: Ok

Reporter: ...

Jeb: …

Reporter: Umm… Ok you want to comment on that? Or was Ok the comment?

Jeb: OK.

Edited by demon_313

22 hours ago, fulgur said:

Wait, if you decouple the Materials Bay, did you move the :science: into the capsule first? Or do you not have the 20+ points from the materials bay?

Science was transmitted at the reduced rate. I am not very good at this game, and I have killed a lot of Kerbals trying to get that damn Sci. Jr. safely back. I generally don't start using it until i get the larger service bay.

DSA 5: Mun Flyby

img%5D

Today at the DSA, Jebediah attempts to make history yet again with a flyby of the Mun. I am told that there are two ways to achieve this mission. Finesse and brute force. The Creeper mk 1 science module sitting atop the In-Cu-Bus mk 3 rocket is a brute force solution. 

img%5D

The 4 RT-10 Hammer Solid fuel boosters are emptied and released.

img%5D

Second Stage complete. 2 of the 5 liquid fuel tanks and LV-T45 Swivel engines have been released.

img%5D

67 thousand meters and 2 more liquid fuel tanks and their LV-T45 Swivel engines have been released. The In-Cu-Bus launch system is now on its final stage.

img%5D

Final Stage has been released. The Creeper mk 1 science model is now on its way toward the Mun.

img%5D

I would like to take this moment to tell you just how much Jeb does for you fine folks. In order to achieve these pictures, Jeb needs to drop off a camera, reverse time, take the picture, reverse time again, then reacquire the camera. It’s a lot of extra work. Let’s just take a moment to thank Jeb for doing that for us. Thank you Jeb.

img%5D

The purpose of this final burn is to slow the vehicle down enough for the experiments to survive reentry. 

img%5D

Unfortunately the SC-9001 Science Junior module has to be released on this final stage as it cannot survive reentry. Worry not though, Jeb has already transmitted the data it collected. These types of transmissions do lose some bits of information, but it's better than losing everything.

img%5D

Normally the command pod comes down into the ocean. Today’s landing on solid ground was a bit too hard and the mystery goo experiments didn’t make it. Don’t worry Jeb. It’s not your fault. It’s Bill’s.

Is there a way to NOT have the Replies merge?

If you don't want to transmit it for a reduced rate, you can either use an Experiment box, or use the limited data storage of a command pod - send the kerbal outside, right click 'take data' and get back in the pod. Full recovery!

2 hours ago, fulgur said:

If you don't want to transmit it for a reduced rate, you can either use an Experiment box, or use the limited data storage of a command pod - send the kerbal outside, right click 'take data' and get back in the pod. Full recovery!

Can not EVA yet... And now I can. I didn't realize it was a building upgrade.

Edited by demon_313

20 hours ago, fulgur said:

If you have the funds, you should also upgrade the R&D building before landing on the Mun. That will let you gather surface samples.

Oh? Thanks for the advice... I have big plans for the Mun landing. More story. It will not be practical.

DSA 6: Mun Landing Part 1

img%5D

Hello. My name is Corgas Kerman, Reporter for KNN and as of today, a DSA certified Kerbonaut. The monstrosity you see behind me is the Mk 1 In-Cu-Bus Medium with a bunch of extra boosters attached. Apparently the DSA’s ambition has outpaced their engine research. The Calculators say that this might be the most inefficient way to get to the Mun. On top of the launch system is a Lander and Mothership. I will be joining Jebediah on the Mun! We are T - 30 Minutes. Earlier today Jeb positioned a modified Succ-U-Bus B in orbit around Kerblin for our reentry. This is Corgas Kerman with KNN signing off of the air and Kerbin.

img%5D

<Note: You may notice that there are no parachutes on this command pod… I noticed during reentry.>

img%5D

img%5D

Reporter(Cor): Uh… Val? Is the lander really called the Fondeler or am I just reading this wrong?

Val: Iz Fondeler yes.

Reporter(Cor): Why?

Val: I tink it haz to due with touching virgin worlds or some-ting. De first two names were rejected by de PR people.

Reporter(Cor): Wait. They rejected names before Fondeler? Morbid curiosity here, but what were they.

Val: Well ah… I tink they were… Cherry Popper and Tentacle cartoons.

Reporter(Cor): <Face Palms> Why? 

Val: <Shrugs> I tink maybe Bill waz dropped on hiz head az a child. Anyway. I need to go. We need to reposition the Concubine.

Reporter(Cor): Why is it called the Concubine?

Val: I tink it haz to do with constant docking, but I do not know.

img%5D

Mothership and Lander separated.

Mothership spun and docked with Lander.

img%5D

And we’re off to land on the Mun.

(To Be Continued)

Edited by demon_313

DSA 7: Mun Landing Part 2

img%5D

Hello. This is Corgas Kerman Reporting for KNN, from the surface of the Mun. I’m here with Jebediah. We have just completed our mission objectives and will be leaving the surface to rendezvous with the Concu… with the mothership.

<Mumbling> Rendezvous with the Concubine. I finally get it.

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Bob should really have flagged that up before. You know, in his famous concerns.

What concerns am I talking about?

Read the Kerbfleet stories by Kuzzter, powerpointillist supreme.

DSA 8: Return to the Mun

img%5D

Hello. This is Corgas Kerman reporting for KNN from orbit around the Mun. We at the DSA were preparing for an extended Mun mission when word was received that a fellow Kerbonaut from another agency was stranded in orbit around the Mun. Plans were altered, and Connor was picked up safe and sound.

img%5D

With Connor safely packed away on board the mothership, Jeb and I continued onward with our Mun mission. I made damn sure this time that there was enough room on the way back up.

img%5D

Things are going well. The new mk 2 Mun Fondeler is working excellently. Plenty of room for the data and some samples. Plenty of fuel for… Hopping… around.

img%5D

Another successful mission for the DSA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.