Do you have NERVAs yet? They will make this sort of voyage much easier. By your picture it looks like you are using a Skipper/Mainsail, those are really inefficient. I tried using one of those engines to go to Duna in my 2nd week playing. I stranded myself in orbit of Duna. It was very annoying.

26 minutes ago, fulgur said:

Do you have NERVAs yet? They will make this sort of voyage much easier. By your picture it looks like you are using a Skipper/Mainsail, those are really inefficient. I tried using one of those engines to go to Duna in my 2nd week playing. I stranded myself in orbit of Duna. It was very annoying.

No NERVAs yet. Is a skipper Mainsail, currently only going one way though. That is a station being sent. Kerbals will follow after contracts are complete. 

Edited by demon_313

I'm not sure having 2 poodles on a ship that small is the way to go. Also: Why the fairings? And the massive antenna? You can patch through to your commnet sattelites with only a small antenna, which can be any of them. Which of course you have ready to launch, complete with ore scanner to find the best mining spots.

As well as this, the bigger drills and Convert-O-Tron are actually better value, as they drill faster and the big Convert-O-Tron converts more efficiently.

57 minutes ago, demon_313 said:

I sent a passenger craft out there to collect him. I need him for my next launch.

Did I miss something or can we expect to hear from it in an update? Don't want to annoy you, I'm just asking myself whether I'm to stupid to see it ;)

7 hours ago, jost said:

Did I miss something or can we expect to hear from it in an update? Don't want to annoy you, I'm just asking myself whether I'm to stupid to see it ;)

I didn't feel the need to show a shuttle picking him up. Actually now that I look at the panel. Val is in the ship behind the large text bubble. You didn't miss anything. I just don't show everything.

16 hours ago, jost said:

Oh wait. You mean when Val left him on the surface of Minmus in DSA 10. Probably best to reference a DSA #. I was wondering how you knew I left him on the Minmus station. I don't show everything and most of what I do is done, then redone for the "Story". Example: Jeb and Corgas go to the Mun, then rendezvous with the mother ship. I then reloaded and spent 2 hours trying to shoot Jeb through the Mun arch. The mission was done before the story. Though I may have to contemplate Val actually leaving him somewhere.

6 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Is that good??

In US slang, it means that you have laughed so much that you experience cramps in the muscles of your sides, near the lower edge of the ribcage, which are colloquially known as "stitches".  Hence, saying something put its audience in stitches is a high compliment for something intended to be funny, but a grave insult to something intended to be serious.

This is probably a stupid question, but did you biome-hop at Ike?

Also, if you get a visual mod like SciFiVE (which barely slows down my computer) then the sky is not always butterscotch. Link.

I used to use SciFiVE, it gives really cool screenshots. Currently I use SVE as it's more realistic.

Spoiler

l4tZcNz.png

From my Jool 5 mission.

Edited by fulgur
Butterscotch sky is boring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.