I'm going to be shaking some things up with the way I do things. So I have a question for those that actually follow this. @fulgur @Geschosskopf @jost

Should I keep the format of 1-4 panels under a DSA# per post, or should I switch to a 1 panel, 1 post model?

Also, how do i do the [Hidden images here] drop down box thingy?

Edited by demon_313

I think that you should keep all images the same size (I save all mine as separate images) but other than that, I don't think it matters how many panels per page.

The spoilers are done with the eye button. You get a box and can type / paste into it.

Spoiler

Like so! This is a spoiler! It is full of spoilers!

spoiler_alert.png

xkcd 109

1 hour ago, demon_313 said:

Should I keep the format of 1-4 panels under a DSA# per post, or should I switch to a 1 panel, 1 post model?

I think form-AT should follow function.  Use whatever format (# of pics per panel, relative sizes and arrangement of pics in a panel, # of panels per post, etc.) best conveys the chunk of information, plot segment, character development, and/or visual vistas you want to say in any given post.  Then possibly/probably use a different format in the next post, whatever works for that bit of the tale.  As you said in your "inside the sausage factory" post-mission reveal above, "story trumps rules", and that includes rules for formatting how you tell the story.

The story is the important thing.  Everything else is simply there to bring the story to the audience in the manner you think best for telling said story.  So don't stress over the delivery mechanism.  That's like spending all your time on developing a lifter that's going to be gone 3 minutes into the flight, and ignoring the payload that's actually going to perform the mission.

Also, think about posterity.  At some point, you'll want to archive your stories and/or put a table of contents in the OP.  The fewer actual story posts you have, the easier that will be ;).

4 hours ago, demon_313 said:

Umm...  what is the OP?

The Original Post / Original Poster.  In this case, the 1st post in this thread and you, its author.  But specifically, in terms of making a table of content in the 1st post, only the former.

Edited by Geschosskopf

2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

The Original Post / Original Poster.  In this case, the 1st post in this thread and you, its author.  But specifically, in terms of making a table of content in the 1st post, only the former.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.

I believe Tomfurt the Mad Space Pirate deliberately landed on Eve in Project Intrepid. But he is the exception to the rule, as confirmed by Harfielf in TSoES and Bob & Tedus in E:O0. (Although TSoES cheated as Harfield escaped via a spooky Magic Boulder green glowing floating rock thing).

EDIT: Wait a minute, those pictures are blue! You sure she isn't falling on Laythe?

Edited by fulgur

5 hours ago, fulgur said:

I believe Tomfurt the Mad Space Pirate deliberately landed on Eve in Project Intrepid. But he is the exception to the rule, as confirmed by Harfielf in TSoES and Bob & Tedus in E:O0. (Although TSoES cheated as Harfield escaped via a spooky Magic Boulder green glowing floating rock thing).

EDIT: Wait a minute, those pictures are blue! You sure she isn't falling on Laythe?

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!!

Yep, definitely Laythe. You can tell by the unbroken, featureless blue sea and the total absence of clouds. Of course, if you had visual mods, it would look much better. Stock water looks horrible. Especially when you're cruising slowly over the endless expanse of ocean that is Laythe.

*Quietly pushes for better stock visuals, as people have been wishing for for years. Note that SciFiVE doesn't make your computer slow down that much at all, and that Gameslinx has made a planet pack which runs faster than Stock (!!!) with its built-in visuals*

Also, did you mean to make the title Orbital Negligence? Or did you mean DSA: Orbital Negligence?

Edited by fulgur

Cool! I love orbital negligence! For example, in one of my favourite stories of all KSP (PI) the author leaves a SRB-powered rocket on an Eve-intercept trajectory and knocks one of his motherships out of orbit with it!

My plan to make all forum-goers trawl through hundreds of pages of comments on the great epics of KSP fanfic appears to be working! Have you read Emiko Station? (256 pages of commentary on 100 chapters?) Or every comment on the Jool Odyssey? (251 pages). What about all the chapters of Long Term Laythe? Or Project Intrepid?

Bua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha *echoes*

On 7/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, fulgur said:

My plan to make all forum-goers trawl through hundreds of pages of comments on the great epics of KSP fanfic appears to be working! Have you read Emiko Station? (256 pages of commentary on 100 chapters?) Or every comment on the Jool Odyssey? (251 pages). What about all the chapters of Long Term Laythe? Or Project Intrepid?

Bruh.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:52 PM, fulgur said:

Or @lajoswinkler's Kron series

Or @Pipcard's ancient and honorable thread that's still going strong for 6 years?

Or countless others, new and old.  So many ghosts......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.