2 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

@demon_313, you've got some impressive ships in the last few   I especially like the seaplane and dock.  I hope you show more of that.

I'm surprised there are still rifts that big in the game.  I thought they'd fixed all that.  I haven't see one that big a quite a while.

Sea plane was all looks. Way to heavy to fly. And I do so love having the characters deal with the little glitch things their world throws at them. (Disappearing tables, falling engines, holes in the world.)

SRAS Beginnings 16: Duna Prep

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Demon's Notes:

So this took a while. On top of the countless, design, test, redesign thing I had to do for this mission. My wife no longer works mornings so my free time went from ~3 hours to ~1hour.

on a side note, I finally upgraded to a smart phone, so I've managed to write 15% of a novel, on a story I hadn't planed on writing, while serving pillow duty. :/

And you have overtaken me again :-(.

Although that's mainly because I build little other than SSTOs once I get up to that point in the game. And I'm having fun with the challenges of building stuff without RAPIERs. I just passed up the chance to get ISRU because I wanted MkIV cargo bays and Big-S fuel filled wings.

2 hours ago, demon_313 said:

I finally upgraded to a smart phone, so I've managed to write 15% of a novel, on a story I hadn't planed on writing

You wrote several thousand words on a smartphone? I hate writing on anything which doesn't have a proper keyboard. And preferably a mouse.

@fulgur I was all for the SSTOs, then I think I watched too many Everyday Astronaut and Scott Manley videos. Suddenly straight up rockets were cooler? IDK:/

Side note. I work at a distribution company and send parts to SpaceX and Blue Origin all the time.

I have mixed feelings about writing on a smart phone, but doing something mildly productive vs. nothing at all is kind of a no brain-er.

3 hours ago, fulgur said:

You wrote several thousand words on a smartphone? I hate writing on anything which doesn't have a proper keyboard. And preferably a mouse.

I've written a 20K word story over 11 chapters on a Kindle with terrible autocorrect. It's actually decently easy, and it's easier for me to write like that than anywhere else lol!

35 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Wow, that was fast.  "Speed of plot" indeed :) 

So, you sent the Science! home but not the Kerbals?  Sounds like something I'd do :)

There is an incoming vessel with a duna lander attached that technically launched years after the kerbals, but you know, speed of plot.

Also. The like button is gone and I can't give anyone a thumbs up... what?

SRAS Beginnings 19: Return of Aries

img%5D

img%5D

img%5D

Demon Note: There was a gap where I didn't have time to play KSP. When I got back I detached the Ike lander so it would crash into Ike and made my way to the DSA station around Duna. Just after saving I realized that Kaioti and Tyler were still in the lander. I had to find the files, reactivate them, cheat them back to the Aries, and continue the story. Tyler lost all his SAS modes so the whole mission was done with just the basic SAS. Despite all that, it went without a hitch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.