Happy 8th Birthday KSP!!!

Yeet_TheDinosaur

Well, as you might all know, today is our beloved Kerbal Space Program's 8th(or 9th)!!!. Some may argue that today, June 24th, is just the release date, but I personally think that release date should be KSP's birthday.

Anyway, I wanted to celebrate KSP's birthday by posting memes/parodies of KSP!!! I think you guys can help me do that by posting memes or funny/stupid things that you did or happened to you in KSP or how it was like in the good old days. 

So again, let's celebrate Kerbal Space Program's birthday!!!

jqvRxcP.png

twGbM3e.gif

hgsQwDe.gif

2 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

9th year of space era...

9..... Almost older than my sister......

Just asking, why does everyone who never played KSP always think KSP's an useless game? And just surprising that people are still making that mistake in the 9th year.....

4 minutes ago, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Just asking, why does everyone who never played KSP always think KSP's an useless game? And just surprising that people are still making that mistake in the 9th year.....

Because this is a very niche title, and you're being hyperbolic.   Not a large number of people are into space stuff, especially not realistic space stuff.  There's also no multiplayer with the sole goal to murder each other, which is all the masses want.

Nobody has to like the game.  If they're into realistic or semi-realistic rocketry, they'll probably love it.  If they aren't, it would be insanely boring and frustrating to them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

This game is easily the best $70 I have ever spent on a video game.  I also have zero desire, whatsoever, to get within 40 feet of Fortnite.

Edited by Geonovast

Just now, Geonovast said:

Because this is a very niche title, and you're being hyperbolic.   Not a large number of people are into space stuff, especially not realistic space stuff.  There's also no multiplayer with the sole goal to murder each other, which is all the masses want.

Nobody has to like the game.  If they're into realistic or semi-realistic rocketry, they'll probably love it.  If they aren't, it would be insanely boring and frustrating to them, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Well, you're completely right. I am kinda exaggerating. And yeah, a lot of people are into shooters, and some games tend to be shunned. 

So, pardon me for exaggerating and being totally immature.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

This game is easily the best $70 I have ever spent on a video game.  I also have zero desire, whatsoever, to get within 40 feet of Fortnite.

I bought Elite Dangerous in the same day I bought KSP.  Xmas 2017.

In October of 2018, last time I played logged on Steam, I had about 1500 of KSP time.

Elite had 2. And I liked the game! :D

8 hours ago, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Because it is. It’s a wonderful concept, a fantastic way to learn more about spaceflight and a great sandbox, especially if you do mods. 

But it’s not a particularly good game.

In many ways I think Career mode is the worst of all worlds - it has a steep learning curve whilst you figure out how to build a rocket, get it to space and get it where you want it to go once you’re in space. Then, once you’ve climbed that learning curve you’re left with a rather simplistic, repetitive and dull game.

Personally, I enjoyed the learning curve but once I was reasonably competent at KSP (docking, orbiting Moho, putting probes on Duna and Eve level of competent), I lost interest.

Edited by KSK

Okay... while we celebrate the Moon Landing fifty years ago...

Kerbals celebrate their ... uhmm... uhhh...

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d1258062f54366445

Happy birthday, KSP! :D To the Mün! MÜN!!!

Edited by Mikki
Spoiler to prevent seizures

Happy birthday! I remember playing the game since 0.16, around the time when Kurtjmac introduced his KSP series. On another note I managed to finally track down an old flag I had.

4WMTlAV.png

As a bonus I found a Sailor Minmus floating about out there.

sailor_minmus_by_golddemona-d5jmoaw.png

3 hours ago, Mikki said:

Okay... while we celebrate the Moon Landing fifty years ago...

Kerbals celebrate their ... uhmm... uhhh...

Hide contents

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d1258062f54366445

Happy birthday, KSP! :D To the Mün! MÜN!!!

This would have to be the best ksp meme ever.

It covers so many aspects of the game.  Little green people.  Stuff falling apart.  Mün landing, potentially faked, but faked whilst on Duna.  The amount of effort to have set up the craft that the picture is on and get it to Duna far exceeds getting to the Mün.

Also... the landing legs on that Mün lander.  What mod are they from or is an early version of stock legs?

Peace. 

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

This would have to be the best ksp meme ever.

It covers so many aspects of the game.  Little green people.  Stuff falling apart.  Mün landing, potentially faked, but faked whilst on Duna.  The amount of effort to have set up the craft that the picture is on and get it to Duna far exceeds getting to the Mün.

Also... the landing legs on that Mün lander.  What mod are they from or is an early version of stock legs?

Peace. 

Those landing legs are an old stock landing legs. They were also well known in Kraken drives.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:11 AM, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

One could argue that all computer games are useless 

On 6/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, kerbiloid said:

Because they think it's a game.

Right.  People who haven't bought it think it's a game.  We know that it is really trans-dimensional signalling software that allows us to share and develop our space tech knowledge with highly motivated, fun-loving aliens.

At least that's how Bob was explaining it to me.  Jeb just wanted to get on with the launch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.