[ANY Kopernicus] Kerbol Kurves

Meid

Hello there, and welcome to Kerbol Kurves! This mod aims to add better sunlight curves to the sun, and that's it. There's literally not much more to it. I'm sure someone has already done this, but it took me 5 minutes, so why not.

The curves make it more realistic for the planets in the Kerbol System. I haven't done it completely realistic however.

If you want to bundle this with your mod, ask me first. I'll probably say yes anyway.

Repository and download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ngkt7oVNpTQkHoysq6dWYSemDeY3N_5r

Requires:

ModuleManager

Kopernicus

ModularFlightIntegrator

This mod is licensed by the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

First.

Edited by Meid

• 8 months later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:09 PM, jpinard said:

I do not understand what this mod does?  Is it a light mod?  Is it a gravity mod?

this mod makes the sun shine less bright the farther you are. right now, it shines the same brightness no matter how far you are, but this mod makes the light fall off more realistic

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, Superfluous J said:

Any chance you could change your font back to something readable? On a phone at 7am this is just impossible to comprehend.

should be fixed :D really sorry for late reply

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, BallistX said:

Update this, i will definitely need that for my latest concept (and probably third mod)

It is just a MM patch for the stock solar system, I think it would still be compatible with current versions of KSP with Kopernicus.  However if you are developing your own planet pack, I think you will want to create your own light intensity curves.

This may be one good resource:

Or

On 8/7/2020 at 9:21 AM, hemeac said:

It is just a MM patch for the stock solar system, I think it would still be compatible with current versions of KSP with Kopernicus.  However if you are developing your own planet pack, I think you will want to create your own light intensity curves.

This may be one good resource:

Or

I already know the syntax for stars. I have many mods that I'm neglecting to develop lmao

On 8/7/2020 at 3:49 AM, BallistX said:

Update this, i will definitely need that for my latest concept (and probably third mod)

Works with 1.8, I know because I'm using it with that. 1.9 I haven't tested

2 hours ago, "Our Benefactors" said:

I already know the syntax for stars. I have many mods that I'm neglecting to develop lmao

Works with 1.8, I know because I'm using it with that. 1.9 I haven't tested

Sorry, the comment was meant for BallistX as they mentioned they were developing a concept and I assumed they meant that they were developing a planet pack themselves.  The patch that I have used for my own playthrough uses the same layout as yours and I am using 1.9.1, so I don't think that this should have any issues.

12 hours ago, hemeac said:

Sorry, the comment was meant for BallistX as they mentioned they were developing a concept and I assumed they meant that they were developing a planet pack themselves.  The patch that I have used for my own playthrough uses the same layout as yours and I am using 1.9.1, so I don't think that this should have any issues.

Ahhh my bad then. I'm pretty sure they are developing a planet pack :D

26 minutes ago, "Our Benefactors" said:

Ahhh my bad then. I'm pretty sure they are developing a planet pack :D

I have 2 complete concepts and 1 incomplete concept, the fixed curves will be needed for the incomplete one so you have plenty of time to make sure it works for 1.9.1 and maybe even 1.10.1 if someone releases kop for that version by the time i come back from vacation

37 minutes ago, BallistX said:

I have 2 complete concepts and 1 incomplete concept, the fixed curves will be needed for the incomplete one so you have plenty of time to make sure it works for 1.9.1 and maybe even 1.10.1 if someone releases kop for that version by the time i come back from vacation

Feel free to modify my curves. the first number is distance, the second is intensity, the third and fourth are floatcurves to make the curve change shape. i never use the floatcurves tho.

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

the license says that you have to give me credit, provide a link to the license, indicate changes (just put something like modified values) and you cant change the license of the config.

4 hours ago, BallistX said:

Good news for you, Kopernicus for 1.10.1 is in pretty active development:

Just now, BallistX said:

I would rather use a stable version to start modding, which means Prestja's release

You're probably gonna want kittopia, which i can only find for 1.8

On 8/9/2020 at 1:43 PM, BallistX said:

I would rather use a stable version to start modding, which means Prestja's release

This is what we advise, actually.  The bleeding edge is more for users who just don't care if something breaks here and there, and modders who want a snapshot of what is to come.  Don't make main releases off of it really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.