[Discussion] The need for a new autostrut system!

dxeh

Do we need an new Autostrut system?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need an new Autostrut system?

• Yes
    • No
    • Add more Strut-bars
    • Autostrut is lame, i go all-out-wobbly!

Love this new DLC. The Robotic parts are awesome, but since we now have these cool parts, i believe there need to be an new "autostrut" system.

We need to be able to have the option to choose the part where you want to autostrut to.
At this very moment, we are unable to force multiple hydraulics onto one single piece to be autostrutted. Resulting in an glitching system with them moving.

What do you guys think!?

Edited by dxeh

I use a set of workarounds to make my robotics arms static for launches & hard manuevers:

• Aeroshells & service bays hold their contents in stasis until opened
  • Through a combination of separator/decouplers & struts. The main consideration with this method is making sure the separator/decoupler is the right way around to break the struts when staged. A secondary consideration is that you'll likely need more than 1 of these to prevent flex in other directions

I for one am having difficulty with a VTOL craft because the landing gear auto-autostruts to the heaviest part which happens to be a fuel tank which pivots.

Is there any way to change this?! like being able to disable autostruts on landing gear or change it to the root part?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.