Mohole 2 a 30 min. Fully voice acted Cinematic-Movie is here.

Oraldo revak

Mohole 2 a 30 min. Fully voice acted Cinematic-Movie is here.

Hi everyone, this the sequel of Mohole 2. As always i waiting for your feed back.
Thank you to everyone who will watch the video, all reaction are aprreciated.

See you for more.

• 4 weeks later...

Woah - talk about a cliffhanger!

Okay - feedback.

First of all, this was obviously a real labour of love and everyone involved must have put in a ton of work. The voice acting was good - it gave the film a very different feel to the more usual use of subtitles plus Chatterer that, I think, is better suited to action sequences. Big shout out to Stanzi Carpenter - I thought she made a great Val.

The ship designs were great and I really liked the Mohole POV shots - very reminiscent of the Predator movies. And last but not least, I enjoyed the story - looking forward to Part 3 if you good folks get around to making it!

If I had one criticism it would be in some of the pacing and cinematography. There were quite a lot of 'camera swooping through a dark ship against a dark background with lens flare' sequences that could (in my opinion anyway) have been shortened or used less often. Likewise the cockpit shots - there were a number of places where one of the pilots was just scanning the instrument panel and nothing much happened. 

But, at the end of the day, you did it! Filmed, edited, finished and posted. You got past that one cool idea you had, or one epic sequence you wanted to film, and put together the whole story and finished it. I know how much work that takes (I'm still working on that 'getting it finished' thing with my own story) and for that, I applaud you all.

There were quite a lot of 'camera swooping through a dark ship against a dark background with lens flare' sequences that could (in my opinion anyway) have been shortened or used less often. Likewise the cockpit shots - there were a number of places where one of the pilots was just scanning the instrument panel and nothing much happened. 

Oh, I don't know. Much the same thing could be said about 2001. :)

First, adding  multiple VAs is a order of magnitude higher in the complexity and organisational levels than just using kerbish or yourself. I can imagine that the editing room floor was filled with little slivers of cut tape trying to get things to line up. Stanzi may not be the definitive voice for Val like Gregory Peck for Atticus Finch, but she has set a decent bar. That kind of bored exasperation tone fits well with my head-canon for Val.

Small detail thing... install that life support mod. One of the displays was going oh crap you'll all going to die because somebody forgot a module on the surface of Kerbin. Distracting when you see it.

As for the long camera shots, there is less of having left the camera running than Mohole 1. Though I will have to run the two to compare. They weren't Warholian, and weren't like the elevator scene in Eva, closer I think to some of the scenes in Star Trek: The Motion Picture. or the death of Kaworu, again,  in Eva. I half think this might be an interesting discussion  on how to work with/around what feels to be an inherent constraint of filming in KSP.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:35 PM, steuben said:

Thanks for reacting to my video, and your constructive thought. 

Hower i didn't understand this:

"Small detail thing... install that life support mod. One of the displays was going oh crap you'll all going to die because somebody forgot a module on the surface of Kerbin. Distracting when you see it."

On 7/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, KSK said:

Woah - talk about a cliffhanger!

Okay - feedback.

First of all, this was obviously a real labour of love and everyone involved must have put in a ton of work. The voice acting was good - it gave the film a very different feel to the more usual use of subtitles plus Chatterer that, I think, is better suited to action sequences. Big shout out to Stanzi Carpenter - I thought she made a great Val.

The ship designs were great and I really liked the Mohole POV shots - very reminiscent of the Predator movies. And last but not least, I enjoyed the story - looking forward to Part 3 if you good folks get around to making it!

If I had one criticism it would be in some of the pacing and cinematography. There were quite a lot of 'camera swooping through a dark ship against a dark background with lens flare' sequences that could (in my opinion anyway) have been shortened or used less often. Likewise the cockpit shots - there were a number of places where one of the pilots was just scanning the instrument panel and nothing much happened. 

But, at the end of the day, you did it! Filmed, edited, finished and posted. You got past that one cool idea you had, or one epic sequence you wanted to film, and put together the whole story and finished it. I know how much work that takes (I'm still working on that 'getting it finished' thing with my own story) and for that, I applaud you all.

Thank you. Yes the clifhanger is here for Mohole 3 ( the last of Mohole series ). Mohole 3 is going to be a nightmare to do, ( already writted ) KSP is great to make story, but at the core it's a game, so i'm very limited sometimes. But thank you for your response , really appreciate it.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:49 PM, KSK said:

I know how much work that takes (I'm still working on that 'getting it finished' thing with my own story) and for that, I applaud you all.

I'm looking forward to see what you working on ;)

8 hours ago, Oraldo revak said:

I'm looking forward to see what you working on ;)

Thanks!

:blush:  I'd say it's right there in my forum signature but just realised some folks turn those off and that they may not be visible on mobile.

So here's the link.  :) 

If I could make one recommendation (assuming you do decide to read it), I'd say to try and get as far as chapter 11 at least. Chapters 8 and 11 aren't exactly plot twists but they're a definite change of pace and the first hints that there's going to be more to the story (for better or for worse) than rockets and kerbonauts. 

And on that note, I'll stop talking about my work on a thread about somebody else's work!

Edited by KSK

Hower i didn't understand this:

"Small detail thing... install that life support mod. One of the displays was going oh crap you'll all going to die because somebody forgot a module on the surface of Kerbin. Distracting when you see it."

time stamp 16:36 has one instance of it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.