"Incompatible mod" popup stuck and uncloseable

The message to notify me of a mod being incompatible (despite that not being the case) is suddenly stuck and obscuring the center of my screen in-game and can't be closed. I was wondering if there's a way to disable this feature altogether (because the mod it thinks is incompatible is TweakScale, which is obviously not the case), however I cannot find any relevant settings in-game.

3 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

The message to notify me of a mod being incompatible (despite that not being the case) is suddenly stuck and obscuring the center of my screen in-game and can't be closed. I was wondering if there's a way to disable this feature altogether (because the mod it thinks is incompatible is TweakScale, which is obviously not the case), however I cannot find any relevant settings in-game.

Picture and log file, please.

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Picture and log file, please.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/h?preview=output_log.txt

As for an image, KSP takes a full 15 minutes to load, it's just a sort of stock dialog box with something along the lines of "One or more mods are incompatible with this version of KSP:". This box was draggable around the screen and closeable, however after updating BDB and B9PS these are no longer the cases. I'd rather if there was a way to disable this type of dialog box altogether than finding what mod incompatibility is causing it.

1 minute ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I'd rather if there was a way to disable this type of dialog box altogether than finding what mod incompatibility is causing it. 

No, it's a build-in compatibility check which is used by a bunch of mods. Since this is not the first occurrence of the issue, it's probably worth to investigate further.

3 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

That's not a download link, you need to "share" the file (via the three-dot-menu next to it) and create a download link ;)

3 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

No, it's a build-in compatibility check which is used by a bunch of mods. Since this is not the first occurrence of the issue, it's probably worth to investigate further.

Aw, dang! Perhaps something for @SQUAD to consider for 1.8?

4 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

That's not a download link, you need to "share" the file (via the three-dot-menu next to it) and create a download link ;)

Oops, https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lw313e6tj097r9/output_log.txt?dl=0

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Aw, dang! Perhaps something for @SQUAD to consider for 1.8?

It has nothing to do  with Squad.

It sounds like it's KSP-AVC, if it is, just remove that mod.  Also, you may want to install ZeroMiniAVC, to get rid of all the miniavc.dll files there which can also create the dialog

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It has nothing to do  with Squad.

It sounds like it's KSP-AVC, if it is, just remove that mod.  Also, you may want to install ZeroMiniAVC, to get rid of all the miniavc.dll files there which can also create the dialog

Perhaps, though @4x4cheesecake seemed to believe otherwise in the thread they linked. I'll try anyway, of course, because this bug is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Just now, sslaptnhablhat said:

Perhaps, though @4x4cheesecake seemed to believe otherwise in the thread they linked. I'll try anyway, of course, because this bug is extremely frustrating to say the least.

It's still nothing to do with Squad.  Some mods had a built-in checker, but those are rather scarce now. Most notable is Kopernicus, which is version -locked

Well, like in the other thread, I don't have a solution for you but

16 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

because the mod it thinks is incompatible is TweakScale, which is obviously not the case

why do you think this is obviously not the case? You don't run the latest version of TweakScale, so I guess it's worth a try to upgrade to the latest release so the windows doesn't pop up in the first place. (I've peaked into the source code of TweakScale and the build-in version checker is less restrictive in the latest release and allows every KSP version since 1.4. Your version (2.4.0.6) allows just KSP 1.4 - 1.5)

You should backup your savegame though, just in case some existing crafts don't like the upgrade for any reason.

10 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

You don't run the latest version of TweakScale, so I guess it's worth a try to upgrade to the latest release so the windows doesn't pop up in the first place.

I apologise for wasting everyone's time, this solution worked and the popup is no longer there!

6 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I apologise for wasting everyone's time, this solution worked and the popup is no longer there!

If anyone replying thought you were wasting their time, they wouldn't waste it, they would ignore this thread and move on.

Asking questions is why this place exists.  I didn't know about ZeroMiniAVC until just now, so I'm probably going to go install that.  I have a ton of mods that aren't officially updated, yet work perfectly, so the "Yo this ain't gonna work, you need to step back like 3 versions" are quite annoying.

40 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I have a ton of mods that aren't officially updated, yet work perfectly, so the "Yo this ain't gonna work, you need to step back like 3 versions" are quite annoying.

You can also use full AVC which provides a compatibility override. This allows you to define a mod to be compatible or even a whole version range (for example: set every mod which is compatible for 1.4 to be compatible with 1.6 as well).

The warnings disappear but you will still get update notifications ;)

41 minutes ago, Geonovast said:
7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

If anyone replying thought you were wasting their time, they wouldn't waste it, they would ignore this thread and move on.

+1

No time wasted here :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.