My first 1K hours in KSP

JERONIMO

42 minutes ago, JERONIMO said:

now i'm going to head back to sleep...

<mumble> Filthy casuals. Come back when you stop counting KSP playtime by the hours played and have switched over to hours of sleep missed. <tweaks and launches craft "one more" time to try get a marginally better performance, while the birds chirp their morning greetings outside>

(congrats on the milestone)

1 hour ago, Project Cygnus said:

I'm pushing 1600 hours on steam, however I've only had it on steam since late 2016, and been playing since 2011 (0.8.1). I probably have a total realistically within the 5-6,000hr range.

That is way to much. That is 208.333333 days at minimum! In the course of 8 years or 2920 days you have played for  208/2920! this rounds to aout 1/6 of all the hours in your days over the course of 8 years!

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

In my first 10 months (back in 2014/15 before I stopped launching through Steam) I clocked up 1300 hours, so at about 30 hours a week it was like I had a 2nd job. The amount I played after that dropped of from insane, to merely "a lot". Don't know exactly how much though, but it must be somewhere North of 3000 hours by now. Just the one project I finished recently, the Kerbin Sorta Circumnavigation, will have taken over 200 hours.

10 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

That is way to much. That is 208.333333 days at minimum! In the course of 8 years or 2920 days you have played for  208/2920! this rounds to aout 1/6 of all the hours in your days over the course of 8 years!

That  would sound about right honestly,  From 0.8.1 to roughly 0.16 I played roughly 8-10 hours a day

There are five games I've played for more than 1,000 hours; KSP, Mount & Blade: Warband, Rimworld, Rome: Total War and Second Life.

Rome: Total War was the first (it's the oldest) and Rimworld was, I'm afraid, the fastest in real-time to reach 1,000 hours game-time.  Second Life is interesting in that I came to it late but was making a real-life living using it.  Mount & Blade: Warband's claim to fame is that it doesn't have one!  On the other hand I'll order Bannerlord the day it's announced (if ever).  KSP is the only game I've written a book about.

There is only one game I've spent more than 4,000 hours on.  Guess which one it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.